Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a longer slide racker!

amandasglock

Hello everyone!

Currently I have the standard glock slide racker on my open gun (it looks like a little knob) but recently I have switched to a sjc sideways cmore mount and now the slide racker is a lot tougher to get to. Has anyone seen any longer slide rackers out there that will extend past my mount and are compatible with the lone wolf slide I have on my glock 17 frame? Thanks for the help! I included a pic of what the racker looks like now.post-49423-0-72842600-1384449401_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

In your particular case flipping it over seems to be the fastest fix. But Matt Cheely does make a short and long racker as well as Shooter's Connection who sells the sidewinder and sidewinder XL. I don't know what is involved in fitting them to various slides.

I used to use the traditional horizontal Cmore mount on my open guns with a short curved Cheely racker which was positioned on the left side as you would expect. I have since changed all my Open guns to use the 90 degree side mount which does not allow clearance of the shorter slide racker on the left. I tried the longer Cheely racker and didn't like it. I ended up moving all my slide rackers to the right side and I rack the slide using my pinky finger on my left hand. While this might sound awkward it felt intuitive from the beginning and has worked out great. I have lost no time and in fact would not go back to a left sided racker.

Hope this helps

• 1 year later...

You would have to machine the correct dimension dovetail on the top of the slide, either reworking the stock Glock rear sight dovetail (for an open gun) or having it machined just ahead of the rear sight dovetail, allowing enough space for the "iron" rear sight or a slide mounted optic to properly fit. I think if you search on this forum hard enough you will find photos of one done that way. As I recall, it might have been a Glockworx/Zev gun I saw with that style slide racker. Note - SJC does make a slide racker that fits in the standard Glock rear sight dovetail.

No, forget about the dove tail end. Drill and tap the other end of the racker, the end with the round machined handle. Drill it in the center and tap it. If you are handy you could turn a piece of aluminum on a lathe to match SJC's and just extend the handle out however far you want. Alternatively you can find aluminum and plastic spacers online or a hardware store that could be used. I run the same 90* mount as you and run the racker on the right. I swapped my minor power Glock with an SJC Micro dot mount to the right side to have them all on the same side.

Edited by bigblock455

• 4 weeks later...