Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA LEGAL?

dskinsler83

8.2.2.3.2. Removal of material from the exterior of the slide other than front cocking serrations, tri-top, engraving, carry melts, and high power cuts.

If I was forced to make the call on your gun I'd do it the easy way, dq on the oversized mag release and ignore the serrations all together :)

That said, I think that if it removes metal other than as allowed above then I think it would be hard to be the equipment check guy and not feel like there was a duty to consider this to be a very attractive gun with a lightened slide.

You should attach the pics and send a email yourself..

Rules Clarification Process:

All requests for rules clarifications phoned in to HQ will be routed to Robert Ray, not answered on the spot.

Robert will request a written email to be sent to Clarifications@idpa.com.

Email questions and answers will be made public in a Clarifications document and posted on the IDPA website here: www.idpa.com/MISC .

I did it in my garage with a dremmel... They were supposed to be straight ;-)

Hey Paul,

Looks awesome,next time don't try to be crooked, I have a glock coming that would look great with the patterns. Try to be straight. Did you get that good dremeling on STI's.

Damian

• 2 weeks later...

Thought there was a production numbers thing also? as far as i know glock never left the factory looking like that.

This is just a customized glock. I'm just curious bout the slide being IDPA legal. I know it would not be SSP legal. The frame is contoured but the slide is the thing.

I'm sure IDPA will find a way to make it legal, given their collusion with Glock. If need be, they will write a special rule for Glock as they have in the past. As far as I'm concerned IDPA is anti-shooter & pro gun manufacturer. I'd like to know how many people CC a full sized revolver, what a joke. A defense pistol CC or otherwise is what you own & shoot for defense purposes, not stupid IDPA rules. Every year IDPA gets more ridiculous. Just like their rule of reloading where your feet have to be flat on the ground even if your behind cover. You should be able to reload on the move behind cover. When it comes to actual defense, do you think people worry about whether they are abiding by IDPA shooting rules? I bet not. Personally, I am going to let my IDPA membership expire, I no longer have any use for IDPA. I will continue to shoot USPSA, Static & Knock Down Steel, and Steel Challenge matches. Just a note, I started out shooting IDPA, but enough is enough.

All be it the new rules are crappy especially the flat footed reload guys it's a game. Yes it's based off of defensive shooting but any one trying to base a real world situation in a game there are gonna be rules, even ones no one likes. It's another avenue to compete in either way. It not for training for defense. Again this is a customized gun that Zev did work on for there own company as a marketing source and to display the new slide pattern. I'm simply asking would this slide pattern be legal that is it. I have sent the question to the person who needed to be asked at IDPA and they are looking into it.

I think this should answer your question about the glock slide.

Rule 8.2.3.3.2. Removal of material from the exterior of the slide other than front cocking serrations, tri-top, engraving, carry melts, and high power cuts.

This was posted in the quarterly updates. You may have already received the email.

It's a decretive only with some function in the front serrations and some 45° angles to the top but that's it. I feel if it isn't a hole then it should be ok. People can have fancy defensive guns lol. Bottom line it's a game and if it isn't SSP then you should be able to do what ever other than the compensators and such and the firearm makes weight and fits the box.

While I don't think the slide would pass inspection at a national level, I can't see a local club getting bent out of shape over that. It looks unique, but I doubt it would make an EX into a MA.