Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What I did last night to my JM pro

hysupra

Opened up the loading port a little bit and welded up my lifter. LOTS of hand filing, my hands are killing me. Let me know what you guys think.

photo2_zpsb0c249c4.jpg

photo1_zps3985c448.jpg

photo3_zpse22c6f91.jpg

photo4_zpsdeb5db81.jpg

Next step is to get a longer mag tube and follower but can't decide between RCI and Nordic. How are some people getting RCI tubes in different colors?

Thanks guys,

Rob

Rob,

That looks really good, nice job!

You really don't need to replace the follower but if you want one that's easy to see or just want to spend money that's cool.

I've found that using longer follower made me lose one round count. I had a FREE NC low drag that I wanted to use because of the easy to see color so I cut it down to get my capacity back to spec.

How many rounds does yours hold now?

I use a +2 from Roulette that worked fine with my stock spring and stock follower.

http://shop.roulettetactical.com/Standard-Nordic-Caps_c3.htm

Wow, quite the amount of polishing there on the bolt! All by hand w/sandpaper?

I didn't have issues with the stock follower, but replaced it with an RCI, which is longer, but hollow.

Nordic has 'old style Nordic extension' end caps in stock now (possibly for the last time) if you want to go to 9+1 w/out a new tube. I run an XL end cap on mine, which with the RCI follower barely gets me to 9+1 with the 22" barrel but sits about flush with an extended choke. Hasn't caused any issues yet, although I've got an XXL end cap on hand for whenever inevitably I re-stock some shells 'just a bit longer.'

Ya I saw that they finally had some in. Would I need a new spring with the xxl cap?

Shouldn't - you're not adding more than ~1" or so to the full tube length.

I picked up a spare spring for the range bag at the same time to make sure I've got a spare..