Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How not to reload

Agney5

I don't know if this video has ever been shared here before but it was painful to watch to say the least. I'm not sure why I found it but I skipped to the shooting part and was amazed by how stupid this is so much do that I watched the while thing. So if you want skip to 14 min and watch what happens I'm sure you'll be drawn to watch the rest. <br /><br />We all are new once but we all have a respect for what we're doing which he clearly doesn't. I am still learning but this really is painful to watch. <br /><br />Here you go<br /><br />

/><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Love that they thought "the bullet bounced back into the case".

You have it give to them though... Although his gun just blew up in his face, the video ends with the guy shaking it off and going to shoot his 22 pistol.

So the general consensus is a double charge correct? He mentions (hilariously) the bullet coming back into the case which would mean a squib but except for the light hit in the primer every other shot sounded normal, except for his last one :)

So the general consensus is a double charge correct? He mentions (hilariously) the bullet coming back into the case which would mean a squib but except for the light hit in the primer every other shot sounded normal, except for his last one :)

Looks like a squib situation to me... The barrel filled up with lead and then kaboom.

After watching the whole video, it's like watching evolution happening in real time :)

Primers were going in "off kilter"

Edited by razorfish

Wow. That was just...wow.

So much wrong there. 4 wheelers more fun than guns? Nearly dropped $4k on the 4 wheeler when he's broke?

Not even going to start on his reloading technique.

They say "must've been too much powder", then go on to blame the gun, the guy that sold it etc.

He would have been a shoe-in for a Darwin award if things went a bit worse.

Is it possible the problem was projectile set-back due to not crimping? Can't figure out how he ended up with that case with the projie inside unless it was the misfire and the setback was due to the blowup.

Edited by Feralshooter

After watching a couple times I figured they had several squibs followed by a round with powder causing detonation. The detonation caused set back on last round (their bounced back bullet)<br />

Edited by Agney5

I'm almost always opposed to any type of regulation, but in this case it may have been better if the "stars" of this video had been required to pass an IQ test before venturing into the production of reloading instructional videos.

After watching a couple times I figured they had several squibs followed by a round with powder causing detonation. The detonation caused set back on last round (their bounced back bullet)

That's a good point. I heard him ask the other guy "Did it it the target?" Not once prior to the kaboom did you see any dirt fly up from the ground so either nothing was coming out of the barrel or he was aiming mighty high.

I'm almost always opposed to any type of regulation, but in this case it may have been better if the "stars" of this video had been required to pass an IQ test before venturing into the production of reloading instructional videos.

I thought they were perfect for an instructional video! Anybody can TELL you what not to do but it is rare to get someone to DEMONSTRATE what not to do and in effect say "hold the video camera while I show you why". I applaud their efforts to enhance safety. Now testing prior to allowing them to reproduce is a whole other discussion.

After watching a couple times I figured they had several squibs followed by a round with powder causing detonation. The detonation caused set back on last round (their bounced back bullet)<br />

I watched the video a few times as well and noted that the third cartridge had the bad primer, where as the sixth did the magic. The guy mentions that he was shooting lead bullets earlier and was having accuracy problems, could this be a case of leading in the barrel trapping an under powered jacketed bullet? If the loading he's using is just on the threshold of exiting the barrel, perhaps the round with the dud primer didn't squib and was the second to last one.

• 2 weeks later...