Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Alabama USPSA Pistol Sectional

Glad to hear we have enough staff. I hear the RM is not too shabby... Also heard that he is bringing special gifts for all the staff, something like Akai Open guns...

Outstanding no need for me and the wife to switch mine out. I'll take 2 with Hard Chromed of Course but black would do I guess :)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are still working on the stages, so I do not know. Last couple of years we have had a stage average above 30 rounds...... We like lots of run and gun, high round count stages. Don't see it changing this year.

Mark

BTW, I should have a recommended hotel for everyone in the next day or so.

The speed with which the match filled up for Saturday has shocked us, and got us a little behind.....that and me being in a new job.

Edited by Mark K

Hmm my moon clip holder carries 8 moon clips so that gives me 48 rounds on the belt. With stages being over 30 rounds I may better pick up a single post or two and should add a barney moon clip as well so I don't use one of the 8 from the holder. For you revolver shooters how many rounds do you typically have on you at the start of the stage? From the sounds of it this is going to be one hell of a good match!

Hmm my moon clip holder carries 8 moon clips so that gives me 48 rounds on the belt. With stages being over 30 rounds I may better pick up a single post or two and should add a barney moon clip as well so I don't use one of the 8 from the holder. For you revolver shooters how many rounds do you typically have on you at the start of the stage? From the sounds of it this is going to be one hell of a good match!

Of course we follow the USPSA rule (8 shots from one position, etc) but many stages will be very revolver friendly. We currently have 7 revo shooters registered, several are good friends of the club, so it will be taken into consideration. We may do high round count, but we do not do 32 round stages where you shoot it all from 4 positions.

Mark

Of course we follow the USPSA rule (8 shots from one position, etc) but many stages will be very revolver friendly. We currently have 7 revo shooters registered, several are good friends of the club, so it will be taken into consideration. We may do high round count, but we do not do 32 round stages where you shoot it all from 4 positions.

Thanks for looking out for us, Mark. $35.00 for a single moon clip holder is cheap insurance. "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." Is something my father told me a lot as a kid growing up so I'll pick on up. Speaking of which do you know of any vendors that plan to be at the match? I could use stuff like targets, etc and used to get those at bigger matches to save on shipping costs.

Folks,

By the end of the day, I should have Hotel information on discounted rates at the Hampton Inn and the Quality Inn. Watch this space for more information, our Facebook page or our webpage.

Mark

200 Highway 169 South

Phenix City, AL 36867

There are directions on the EastAlabamagunclub.com website. On match days, there will be a huge (4'x4')sign out front of the range entrance.

Mark

OK, here are the Hotel/Motel recommendations and specials for us.

1. Days Inn of Phenix City -

Reservations: Reservations should be individually confirmed no later than February 21, 2014 by calling our reservations department at (888)440-2021 or hotel direct at (334)298-1005. Guests should identify the group as Alabama State Pistol Championships to ensure they receive the contracted group rate.

Rates: Room with Single King Bed - $54.99 per night Room with Double Queen Beds - $60.99

2. Hampton Inn and Suites of Phenix City -

Reservations: Reservations should be individually confirmed no later than February 21, 2014 by calling our reservations department at (866)799-3642 or hotel direct at (334)664-0776. Guests should identify the group as Alabama State Pistol Championships to ensure they receive the contracted group rate.

Rates: Room with Single King Bed or 2 Double Queens - $ 89.00 per night.

I hope this helps.

Mark

The Fairfield inn & suites in Opelika is also a good option right off 85 depending on which way you're coming from.

About same distance to the range & plenty of places to eat/conveniences.

I use points though, so no idea what the rates are or how they compare to what Mark was able to negotiate at the Hampton.

IF you submitted an entry in the last few days to shoot Friday, and have not gotten you Squadding Notification, FEAR NOT. We had a small (two actually) computer meltdowns in our back office operations. No Data was lost, but Leigh and Alan are having to get and reload a couple of computers, get MS Office Installed (after figuring out where the hell they put the license key).

So, do not worry, Friday has tons of slots (invite your friends), and you should see something on squadding in the next 48 hours.

Thanks,

Mark