Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Infinity Limited gun safety

Red Ryder

An awesome fellow shooter lent me an Infinity Limited gun 40 ( and bullets ) to try out over the winter ( He said return it next year ). Problem I am having is that I have small hands and a short thumb and can not grip it with my right thumb over the safety to stop it from engaging during recoil. I need the safety lowered on the grip by about an inch. Does anyone else have this problem? Who would make and fit a lowered thumb safety? I would also have to put a very short trigger in it too but that is easily done.

I don't care about the safety. I want to know where to get a friend like that!

He is one cool guy! One of a kind. He might not be a GM shooter ( A class or M I think), but I call him the Grand Master of life! The guy's knowledge base is phenomenal.

Ask your friend if you can invest in another grip. if he ok's it . Spend the money for the grip and contour it down to fit you or get one that is already reduced as much as possible from one of the guys to supplies grips that way.

got one for the wife that way. Sorry forgot where we got it.

I don't care about the safety. I want to know where to get a friend like that!

He is one cool guy! One of a kind. He might not be a GM shooter ( A class or M I think), but I call him the Grand Master of life! The guy's knowledge base is phenomenal.

Sounds like a good man.

You should have a friend take a picture of your grip on the gun. Post them I feel like you will get more help with this..

I have short thumbs and have to have a custom ts on any 1911/Para. The original was fabricated by Wayne Novak a long time ago. He went about things a bit different. He shaved off the thumb pad and added a new one that extends back far enough that I can put my thumb on it and snick it on/off. I also use it as a rest for my strong thumb. That created a new problem, in that with my high grip I have to have the gs deactivated or modified to disengage easily. Bump on the gs doesn't always do it! Had to have one built up on my sd Officers ACP.

FWIW

Richard

The safety engages real easy. My right hand is very small, 7 inch spread, 7 inches tall, 2 inch thumb. My Glock barely fits my hand. I gave the Infinity gun back because the safety came on during recoil with every shot fired. I have a few decisions to make and a few other Infinity grips to check out. I could have a safety modified to fit my needs. I have to decide whether or not to spend a shit ton of cash on a 2011 just to turn around and spend more $ making a modified safety. Maybe the 2011 gun grip is just too big?

there are lots of great custom gun builders out there that you could get what you want/need from the get go and not have to spend twice. try to find one in your area that you can go and visit and he/she can see your problem first hand (pun intended)