Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for all SP01 Shadow Production Div shooters

Nimitz

17 rd Mecgar AFC with the same base pads that came with them. Only reason I could thnk of wanting anything different would be if the plastic Mecgar base pads cracked. They haven't yet for me.

A little birdie told me there may be some nice aluminum ones available soon.

I run three of the Comp Tac double mag holders.

Where would the aluminum base pads be when available?

I run these aluminum pads on my AFC mags, they work great, just make sure you have the old style retainer place with the center button.

http://czcustom.com/cz75flatalbasepad.aspx

Edited by JoseyWalesX

I've ran the mecgar afc mags for a few years. Never had the first issue with them. I put plus 10% springs in all of them. I also have the 18 round sp01 mags that I use for 3 gun occasionally. A couple have badepads they also get the upgraded springs.

do the factory 18 rd mags that come with the SP01 Shadow or these

http://czcustom.com/cz759mm17rdmagplated5pk.aspx

need the +10% springs or are they ok as is ?

As Steel said, its simple insurance. The springs in the factory SP01 18 round magazines are REALLY soft and when the mags arent fully loaded they can actually end up having some REALLY weird issues with rounds turning around in the magazine or bullets pointing straight up. I have pictures around here somewhere...ill have to dig them out.

• 4 weeks later...
Are the CR Speed mag pouches IDPA legal ?

To the best of my knowledge, no they are not, as configured stock.

I seem to remember someone saying they are legal though if you remove the thumb screw tensioners.

Ymmv

Steve

Here are the production requirements for SSP, IDPA does not have an approved gun list so I'm not sure how they verify this.

8.2. Firearms - Divisions

8.2.1. Stock Service Pistol Division (SSP)

8.2.1.1. Handguns permitted for use in SSP must:

8.2.1.1.1. Have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units. Discontinued models must have had a

total production of 20,000 units.

SP01 Shadow Target is a CZ USA catalog gun. Should meet criteria.

Good point. It's on the CZ-USA page, so changing my vote (which hardly matters) to yes.

By that measure, the Accu Shadow will become SSP legal at some point, but having my 75B Stainless slide machined for a Heinie rear bumps it to ESP.