Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which trigger for AR?

Tuflehundon

Folks with 2 hungry teenagers at home just install JP yellow springs, cut off the hammer pawl, and call it good. Throwing out there that you can improve your trigger without killing the budget. But keep in mind, I'm not likely ever to be featured on 3Gun Nation, either.

Edited by BobS761

+1 for JP but there are tons of good ones. Any competition trigger (light pull - crisp break) will be light years better that mil-spec. Check a few out at a match if you can, commit and practice...

That's one advantage I do have. I have a lot of trigger time behind an AR (M16A2 actually). Having been a Marine, the rifle is my strongest gun out of the 3. Did my 1st rifle match last month and came in 10th out of 36 using a borrowed rifle, that I have never shot before the match. Took me a couple stages to figure out his zero, then I started doing really well. Would have come in higher if it didn't take me those couple of stages to figure things out.

Pistol, I am pretty good with. I am a C class, but just barely. 1 or 2 more good qualifiers and I could make B class. That's what I have been shooting the most in the past year since I started shooting USPSA.

Shotgun is what I need to work on the most, but it seems like that is true for most people.

I'm no GM, but I do good enough, and I have a lot of fun. I'm not looking to become a pro, this is just a hobby to me.

+1 for JP but there are tons of good ones. Any competition trigger (light pull - crisp break) will be light years better that mil-spec. Check a few out at a match if you can, commit and practice...

That's one advantage I do have. I have a lot of trigger time behind an AR (M16A2 actually). Having been a Marine, the rifle is my strongest gun out of the 3. Did my 1st rifle match last month and came in 10th out of 36 using a borrowed rifle, that I have never shot before the match. Took me a couple stages to figure out his zero, then I started doing really well. Would have come in higher if it didn't take me those couple of stages to figure things out.

Pistol, I am pretty good with. I am a C class, but just barely. 1 or 2 more good qualifiers and I could make B class. That's what I have been shooting the most in the past year since I started shooting USPSA.

Shotgun is what I need to work on the most, but it seems like that is true for most people.

I'm no GM, but I do good enough, and I have a lot of fun. I'm not looking to become a pro, this is just a hobby to me.

Thanks for your service Marine! This is the best hobby in the world. With 3 disciplines that require mastery it never gets old...

Bought a CMC flat as I will often use my flat-trigger CZ CTS as the handgun, and I always used a flatter trigger shoe on my competition shotguns years ago. I don't have a ton of experience with other options, but I can't imagine a 3 gun trigger getting enough better than this one to make a difference.

Folks with 2 hungry teenagers at home just install JP yellow springs, cut off the hammer pawl, and call it good. Throwing out there that you can improve your trigger without killing the budget. But keep in mind, I'm not likely ever to be featured on 3Gun Nation, either.

The lower I picked up yesterday had a RRA single stage trigger with the JP spring kit in it. I am actually really impressed with it.

Edited by Tuflehundon