Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

any reason for a 6" 1911?

steviesterno

hey guys,

I recently picked up a railed duty one frame to do my own HD/competition gun build over the next year or so. I currently have a 5" baer I compete with, and I've had a LW champion and some smaller 1911s before that I carried or kept around the house. But between looking at these different builds online and my 6" limited 2011, I'm half tempted to build a 6" single stack.

Is that crazy? I know it's not single stack or IDPA legal, but could be run in L10 or steel challenge stuff. Plus I'm thinking that extra sight radius would help aim, and weight out front control recoil, making it fun for target shooting or keeping next to the bed.

Any reason to do this or am I just being dumb?

I love my 6" 9mm 1911! I have 3 1/2, 4, and 5" guns besides and the 6" acts more like a compensated gun. Nice balance, etc. All good! Mine has a C-MORE and I use it for steel. Awesome platform!! Besides, you will be 1 gun closer to having 1 in every length... Now, for that 7" I've been thinking about... :roflol:

Should have known better than to ask "should I?" On Enos. Can't seem to find a reason not to! I'll try and see if my 6" slide fits on the frame later today, and if so I'll run around the house a little and see how I like it.

Ok, any good places to get a mostly fit 6" upper? Still tying to decide caliber. I love 45 and have mags. I load 40 minor and that's fun, and I will be loading 9mm here shortly