Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LEINENKUGEL SUMMER SHANDY GONE IN AUGUST

colt22man

Prepping for a non shooting Sunday. Pontoon boat ready, cooler ready, lake temp is refreshingly cool, quick trip to pick up Leinenkugel Summer Shandy and I discover it's not available. Counter gals tell me they are stocking Octoberfest. REALLY....in August......it's 94 degrees ouside. This was 3 weeks ago, 1 week left in August. I'd been looking fwd.to a cool float in the lake with a refreshing summer shandy. Ended up using my old standby Miller Lite.

Bud.....available all year long. :-)

Bud's great if you want to get drunk at a frat party. Not so much if you want to enjoy a beer with a little body and flavor.

I don't know. I guess I fall into the less is more crowd. I would drink a bud or miller or coors over any "fancy" beer any day!

I'll take a good German beer. They are still made to standards set 400 years ago. Although, I have been spotted with an MGD in my hand. And forget the shandy. Had one handed to me at a BBQ this summer. My body rejected it and I blew it out my nose.

Prepping for a non shooting Sunday. Pontoon boat ready, cooler ready, lake temp is refreshingly cool, quick trip to pick up Leinenkugel Summer Shandy and I discover it's not available. Counter gals tell me they are stocking Octoberfest. REALLY....in August......it's 94 degrees ouside. This was 3 weeks ago, 1 week left in August. I'd been looking fwd.to a cool float in the lake with a refreshing summer shandy. Ended up using my old standby Miller Lite.

I stopped by the local liquor store and they had 6 cases left.

Care to guess how many I bought?