Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Holster for Glock

LoganbillJ

I have been shooting open for just under a year now and have been looking for a little better holster for better draw speed. I do want good retention at the same time as well.

I am currently running a cut Safariland 6004 SLS. Pistol is a Glock 22 with a Burris FF3 melted into the slide. I prefer to run a dropped platform due to my extremely long arms. I am about 5'11" Wingspan 6'5".

Any insight or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Safariland only offers that for the 34 and 35. I have not tried it though. I have seen other guys run them but have never handled one personally. Do you think it could be modified to fit the length of the 22 slide?

I dont think it has to be....the G22 is shorter than the G35.

I rountinely use all my holsters designed for a G34 with my G17...most lock by friction or retention at the trigger guard, so having a gun with a shorter barrel in a longer holster makes no difference

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed you're looking for an open holster. My comments may not be applicable in that regard.

Edited by Onagoth

Does anyone have any measurements of the actual drop of the Ghost, Racemaster, and Racer? I read somewhere the racer had more drop but the rod could be purchased separately and swapped onto the Racemaster. Also is there much difference between the Racer and Racemaster other than material construction(plastic vs. Aluminum) and tension screw?

Manny Bragg USA Futuristic Magnetic holster is what I'm using for my Limited setup - I love it. 1/4" up out of my holster and the gun is free, and when locked it isn't coming out. Had a Racer (which I think is the same as the Racemaster in function) and did not like it - had to come straight up about an inch or it was a rough draw...felt like I had to be more strict coming out of it than with my BladeTech Production setups, and if that's an area I can leave sloppy so I can work on other things, I'd have it that way.

• 1 month later...

Hope it's not too late. I had a question about the Manny Bragg holster. Would the magnetic roller system even work well with a glock? I was wondering what kind of tension it provides as the the only metal for the magnet to react with is the guide rod. Btw, I'm just now getting into open and have only ever used blade-tech.

Hope it's not too late. I had a question about the Manny Bragg holster. Would the magnetic roller system even work well with a glock? I was wondering what kind of tension it provides as the the only metal for the magnet to react with is the guide rod. Btw, I'm just now getting into open and have only ever used blade-tech.

There's no magnet for the Glock version of the Bragg holster...the muzzle is held to the holster with a piece that the frame rails set into. Works great - the gun is held secure when locked and when unlocked it isn't coming out unless you pull UP...and when it's time to draw, it's *maybe* 1/4" up and the gun is free and ready to present to the target...

I just picked up a Safariland 014 for my Glock 17. It fits perfectly. It adjusted perfectly for my Glock 17 with Jager comp.

Which mag pouches are those?

Safariland 773 with ELS attachments.

Edited by sousa