Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MTAC needs to warm up?

Neomet

I may or may not use the illumination. I won't know until I can get it to work at the range and see if it is helpful or not. But when I bought the MTAC, the illumination was a big selling point. I paid for it so I want it.

Bill

What he said. By the way, I'm the guy who asked about your illumination Bill.

I had a great time out there, and plan on making it regularly.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may or may not use the illumination. I won't know until I can get it to work at the range and see if it is helpful or not. But when I bought the MTAC, the illumination was a big selling point. I paid for it so I want it.

Bill

What he said. By the way, I'm the guy who asked about your illumination Bill.

I had a great time out there, and plan on making it regularly.

Same here Danny. When I get the MTAC back, you will be the first I show the illumination to. We'll see if your scope is as bright as it should be.

Also got a PM from Jeff M after the match. We had exchanged info on matches and places to practice but never met face to face. We did not realize we were on the same squad Saturday.

Bill

Interesting! How old are everyones MTACs? I started running one in April of this year. I live in Phoenix where its rather warm. Ran a match yesterday and it was 112 deg. Reticle was fine. Not a lot of shade. Black rifle=sun=gloves.

Even on the highest setting (10) its not super bright like an Aimpoint or Eotech.

ps

longest my battery would last when left on continuously is 2 weeks :)

My MTAC is fairly new vintage. Got it new for Father's Day this year.

The "black rifle + sun = heat" hit me too. I have the aluminum tube handguard and its a little too short and was less than comfortable to grab in this heat. I've since looked at some of the Carbon Fiber handguards. Light weight + little heat transfer sounds like the perfect setup for our Texas matches.

Bill

Well I've had the replacement MTAC out in the heat for two range outings since received. Put 120 rds downrange with the temp about 100 degrees both days.

I have my fingers crossed that this is fixed for good. I'm very happy with the turn around time I got from the Burris service department.

Bill

• 2 months later...

Just an update and a tip of the hat to Burris. I sent my MTAC in to them a few weeks ago and yesterday I received a brand new one in exchange. Not only is that customer service to write home about, but the illumination on the new scope even seems brighter than what I recall with my old one. Win- Win!

Nice job Burris.

I've been running my MTAC for 2 years now without any issues. Weather conditions have ranged from below 0 to 100 degrees.

I've been running my TAC30 for 3 years now without any issues. Weather conditions have ranged from almost below 50 to as high as 87 degrees.

It's like that here in the temperate zone.. ;)

Did Burris ask for a receipt? I bought mine second hand and the fast fire red dot is very dim and I need to see if they will replace it

Nope. I did register mine online when I got it. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Did Burris ask for a receipt? I bought mine second hand and the fast fire red dot is very dim and I need to see if they will replace it

Nope. I did register mine online when I got it. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

No excuses now let go shoot 4th sunday 3gun at PRG :devil:

No excuses now let go shoot 4th sunday 3gun at PRG :devil:

There is always that zeroing thing. Nah, I'm sure the factory took care of that before they sent it to me. :-) I may shoot BA to prep (okay, stop laughing) for A2.

Edited by Neomet

• 1 month later...

Whats the longest some of you waited to get it back? I sent mine in 3 weeks ago, and I just received an email today after requesting a status update at the start of the week. Well I was told mine should be ready mid January. I am going to call them here in a little bit to see if there is any way to get it back sooner. There is a shoot I want to go to on the 28th to practice shooting out to 600 and a polar match in Feb that I attend.

Whats the longest some of you waited to get it back? I sent mine in 3 weeks ago, and I just received an email today after requesting a status update at the start of the week. Well I was told mine should be ready mid January. I am going to call them here in a little bit to see if there is any way to get it back sooner. There is a shoot I want to go to on the 28th to practice shooting out to 600 and a polar match in Feb that I attend.

When I contacted them earlier this year they advised I would be looking at 6 to 8 weeks during hunting season. Got mine sent in before the season started and got it back in 9 days.

Bill

When I contacted them earlier this year they advised I would be looking at 6 to 8 weeks during hunting season. Got mine sent in before the season started and got it back in 9 days.

Bill

Yeah, I had to send mine in after opening weekend because I went to the PA state rifle match opening weekend. I called Burris when I had some down time at work and the friendly guy on the phone said it shipped out today. Great news for me, just not sure how I got an email earlier today saying min January and called 4 hours later and it was shipped. New replacement is on the way and should be here middle of next week.

Gives me enough time to sight it in, they sent a brand new one, and make it to the 200-600 yard fun shoot on the 28th. First time shooting out past 200 so it will give me a change to figure out how the 77s do.