Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Pride And Joy

gandog56

Let's just say I find Glocks grips at a strange angle, and they do not seem to make one single model 10mm or .45 I can get my small, short fingered hand around. I've fire Glock 9mm's that I can get my hand around their double column grips, but once again the grip angle just feels downright wrong to me.

I realize I'm not special and everybody should be like me. As a matter of fact....I would shudder at the thought of a world of me wannabes! :devil:

I shoot Glocks because I score higher with them. Today I shot L10 with a G21, at 178 PF. Glocks are simple to shoot, maintain, and work on. IMO, there like a kid, you can't beat them.

BTW, I also have small hands, my G21 is the Short Frame version. My trigger finger lays right on my pad.

Fusion, now there is a name you don't here much around here. Glock on the other hand.....

What division are you planning on shooting? 10mm is going to get expensive fast, brass must be a beast to find.

What's the issue with fusion? That's a Nice looking pistol. Would needed a new top end to be legal in comps though so I don't think that was a driving factor in that build.

I believe OPs set up is perfectly legal (USPSA) in Lim, L-10 and of course, Open. But I dont think its a comp gun. Imo.

What's the issue with fusion? That's a Nice looking pistol. Would needed a new top end to be legal in comps though so I don't think that was a driving factor in that build.

My issues were that my gun broke link pins every 1000 rounds or so, their internet website charged my card for an out of stock item that never got sent, and I had to make multiple phone calls and emails to get charges & etc. fixed. It was almost like the head cheese was deliberately screwing with me.

I think in general the issues are that they are a bit disorganized and maybe not the best at building guns to run hard. Could just be that my experience is a fluke though.

Strange. My Fusion is super dependable. Tight chamber on the Storm Lake bbl, but, if I chamber check the ammo it feeds and runs fine. I agree that they have some customer service issues, but then, that could be said about many of the vendors we seem to deal with. Parts break. Even on the Glocks. Them that shoot them seem to love them. Seems as though any make gun you can name has its followers and detractors... gandog, your Fusion is awesome! Hope it's one of the super-dependable ones!

Well if 10mm does not work out for you, then, you can have the chamber of the 10mm sleeved for 40 S&W by a real good gunsmith. I had it done on a 10mm bowling pin gun and no hitches, used the 10mm mags, running a 1.135 OAL.

Didn't rink about limited 10! Get a replacement barrel in 40 and go to town with it. Certainly would be a fun route, if there is anywhere local that hosts matches.

I believe OPs set up is perfectly legal (USPSA) in Lim, L-10 and of course, Open. But I dont think its a comp gun. Imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I own several mid to higher end 1911's (including a few Les Baers, an Ed Brown, Colt Gold Cup Trophy and a National Match, a full custom Caspian build, etc). I also own a Fusion Pro Series Elite Tactical Stainless Steel that is outstanding. It looks great and runs with the best of them. I also had Fusion build me a 6" long slide complete upper that I had a gunsmith custom fit to a Les Baer frame. It's probably the sweetest shooting single stack I own.

Gandog56, you bought an excellent 1911. Don't let the naysayers rain on your parade.

Fusion also sells kits for "do-it-yourself" 1911 builders. If it was built by Fusion (which of course yours was), or if it was a Fusion kit built by a qualified gunsmith, it should be a great gun. If it's a Fusion 1911 built as a weekend project by some dude wanting to build his own 1911, you will probably have issues.

And my guess is you didn't buy it for competition, but just to have a 10mm 1911.

Edited by JGus

I would bet you could sell a Glock easier and for more money than you could that Fusion...

Just saying.

Yeah, it would be easier to sell a Glock. Much bigger overall market for a Glock than a 1911. But I'll take the other side of your bet every day and all day that you could sell a standard Glock for more than that Fusion.

Finally got my custom built Fusion Firearms 10mm long slide Hunter. I LIKE the way it looks and feels. Why anybody would choose a Glock over a 1911 is just beyond me.

CappieHunterTradXlElite-3.jpg

CappieHunterTradXlElite-2.jpg

Probably cause they would still have about $1400 left to buy ammo or reloading supplies. It is a really good looking single stack.

Edited by Trini