Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why does my CZ feel rougher than my 2011's

B45C22

I understand that the position of the rails is different, but it is still metal on metal. Racking a well oiled 1911/2011 just sounds smooth. My cz doesn't feel/sound that way. Is it a lesser steel?

My CZ is from the custom shop and is a real tack driver, but it is like nails on a chalk board when I rack it.

Does it really matter?

There is how a gun "feels" and then how it shoots.

Between a box stock SP01 and a super gooshed up Shadow, i cannot feel a difference (trigger aside) when actually shooting them. Even an Akai gun while nice in the hands shoots like a Shadow.

Maybe im just a simpleton, i dunno but subjective "feel" of a gun when you're not shooting it never mattered to me.

Maybe 4-5K. That is probably pushing it though.

I realize that I am in a small group here, but I really get off on a gun being, feeling, and sounding smooth. There is a guy who shoots with us who built his own gun by hand, with no power tools other than a dremel. (so he says - doesn't really matter for this example) He hand filed and lapped the slide to frame. The gun is rather ho-hum looking, but I love running him just so I can hear when he racks the slide. It just sounds so silky.

My gun shoots great, I just hate the way it feels/sounds. Maybe a trip to a smith is in order. Should they refit the slide altogether, or just lap the rails?

Its easy to smooth it out. Its quite simple to do it yourself. JUST SHOOT IT! I to like a smooth cycling gun. My custom 1911s are like that. The CZ aren't even close. The ones that are Cerakoted, which is all but a back up shadow, are much smoother but nothing will be as smooth as parts that where oversized and fitted together.