Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M2 beating up my cheek

dmd6x

I have a Benelli M2 field that I primarily shoot for 3gun. It's a 28" barrel I run with an IC choke. I have a +9 Nordic tube with a clamp on it, a c-rums carrier, Arredondo bolt release, Nordic charging handle, etc.

EVERY time I shoot this gun, it cuts up my cheek, in various forms or fashions (carnage looks different every time, but I'm consistently getting banged up). From what I can tell, I'm pretty sure that the problem is happening at the transition from the plastic stock to Benelli's "gill" / "ComforTech" system cheek pad (the "cushion" pad that "inflates" with the recoil of the gun from what I understand?). I've taken some photos below...in the photos it looks more like a bruise (this weekend), but it is actually more of a cut / scrape.

It's hardly a life threatening injury, but when it happens every time I shoot the gun, it gets pretty old.

Has anyone ever had similar problems? Any suggestions to mitigate?

Thanks.

post-48731-0-15200200-1375062266_thumb.j

post-48731-0-81927300-1375062280_thumb.j

post-48731-0-13656400-1375062407_thumb.j

post-48731-0-94864600-1375062477_thumb.j

Donn't hold the gun so hard. Hold it like a foil. Like a bird, tight enough to keep it from getting away, but not tight enough to kill it. Get a lesson from a shotgun instructor. Move the neoprene pad forward. Change the drop on the stock. All or some of the above.

Brownells sells a neoprene pad for the top of the stock. Takes the edge off the impact against your cheek. Best few bucks I spent on my M1.

This.

I actually used a rifle stock pad. Works great.

Since you have a M2 this gun comes with spacer to change the cant and drop of the gun. Get out your manual and see which one of the included plates will move the comb lower and move s small amount away from your cheek. A lighter hold is also good, but with the kick of an M2 a stronger hold may be needed.

FWIW

:sick:

Believe cheek pad is called Cheek-Eez, or something like it. Comes in different thicknesses from 1/16" to 1/4".

Running the 3/16", seems like it helps soften the blow, probably not needed on a gas gun, but why not.

Mark

If it's not the lip, the transition from plastic to rubber.... Does it hurt or is it just cosmetic? Are you sure you're just not allergic to the insert? I have a friend with neoprene allergies and it does job on him.

Edited by cas

Can you mount the gun with your face a little further back? If not The stock might be too short for you. Benelli makes a longer butt pad. I actually have a brand new one that I didn't end up needing.

Post up a picture of the one you have. There r 3 lengths. You may have the shortest one on your gun.

Thicker recoil pad for the length. If its coming up and hitting cheek a piece if foam. Hobby lobby sells sheets that can be stuck on. You can also shim the butt pad with a couple pieces of cardboard from a shell box on at the top of the pad between pad and stock

beware......recoil pads are $100ish/each, but I have found them via google search for around $80 or so. Same for different height cheek pieces.

Glad my M2 doesn't cut or bruise my face, can't have a gun harming something this pretty!