Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Targeting Education-Thank You!

I am putting on a match, if you can believe it, for a CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!!! I was floored when the school board voted to do it, as usually guns + school don't mix...But they were VERY receptive to the idea after USPSA provided me with informational literature and videos. This is gonna be a riot!!! We'll have the kids running stats, nuns helping out, and they are even planning a harley raffle, pin shoots, and a few other things (50/50 raffles etc...). Whats next??? A gun blessing booth?! I guess they could fill the sceplecure with gun oil instead of holy water...lol!!! Maybe the RO's could be dressed as bishops, the CRO's as cardinals, and the RM as the pontiff! :P Anyway, it looks to be a fun match. Read below for details. It is one of only a handful of "other matches" available in the points series. Hope you can make it to this one!!!

Jeff

Targeting Education

Agnus Dei Scholarship Fund for Catholic Education

Points Series "Other Match" USPSA Level III Charity Match

8 Courses of Fire + Side Matches!!!

Brighton, Michigan

Details can be found at: livingstongunclub.org

Or email: jlafave@mich.com

Match Director: Jeff LaFave

Phone: 517-404-1908

Targeting Education

Agnus Dei Scholarship Fund for Catholic Education

All profits from this match go to the Agnus Dei Scholarship Fund.

June 3,4,5, 2005

USPSA Level II Charity Match / Points Series "Other Match"

Brighton, Michigan

NAME___________________________________________USPSA #_________

ADRESS______________________________________________________________

CITY___________________________________STATE_____________ZIP_______

PHONE_________________________________EMAIL_______________________

DIVISION (CIRCLE ONE): OPEN LIMITED LIMITED 10 PRODUCTION REVOLVER

Shooting on: Friday Saturday Sunday

PISTOL: MAJOR/MINOR Class: GM M A B C D U Other: Lady Super Senior Senior

SHIRT SIZE: S___M___L___XL___XXL___XXXL___ SQUAD WITH:_________________

$20 Additional

Application will be posted at: www.livingstongunclub.org

Divisions: Open, Limited, Limited 10, Production, Revolver.

Stage Count: 8 + Side Match (Pin Shoot)

Chrono: We will chrono per 2004 USPSA rules.

Round Count: 180

Match Director: Jeff LaFave Rangemaster: Jay Worden

Entry fee: $85.00, $40.00 for Jr. before May 1, 2005. After May 1 add $25.00. Shirts will be available for $20. CRO’s shoot for free. RO’s & Staff for 50%.

Slots: 150 available-first come, first serve.

Format: One-day format. Match staff will shoot on Friday. Ranges will be open for inspection starting on Friday morning.

Rules: Per USPSA January 2004 Rulebook.

Prizes: Random Drawing (Double Blind).

Send match application along with entry fee to: Agnus Dei Charity Match 9029 Stoney Creek Dr. South Lyon, MI 48178

Checks made payable to: Jeff LaFave Contact: jlafave@mich.com for questions.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing I don't live in Michigan... I'd HAVE to attend this match! I say it's a good thing 'cause I'm sure the nuns'd be lookin' to crucify me after the deluge of curse words that spew forth like lava from the fiery abyss of Hell on a blown stage. :D

Awesome, Sako! ;)

Hey 300 lb Gorrilla:

You'd be spewin' lava alright...but it would be of the soap variety if you let the 4-letter words fly!!! :P I'm sure ther'll be a few guys holdin' their tongue after a meltdown on a stage!!! We'd have to make ya go pick yer switch fer sure if you showed up!!! :D I hope this match fills for the schools sake. Spread the word fellas...it is for a GREAT cause. ;)

Jeff

Rhino:

Penguins...I like it. Maybe an "Arctic" stage with Jake and Elwood RO's. Yer takin' the lashes for that one though.

Pat: I do enough nuckle bustin' on my own with my death jams from hell!!! Like blackdragon said, we'll all be black 'n blue after this one!!!

schoonie: We'll see if we can't get you that exorcism...did you try sprinkling holy oil on it yet???

Jeff

• 2 months later...

OK Guys, Back to the top. I have renamed the thread to get a feel for how many BE'ers are going to make it out to this great match!!! We are now acceptong applications, so go to: Livingston Gun Club and fill out that application!!! Jake, Cameron and I are working hard on this one, and have some committments from some big names, and are working dilligently to have an awesome prize table for all of you. Come out and have a great time!!! Sound off!!! :D:D:D

Jeff LaFave

This is the same weekend as the Indiana State IDPA Match :(

HOWEVER :P

I don't believe USPSA allows 7 or 8 shot revolvers in our division and I'm no longer classified with my 625 in IDPA

I may have to cancel the application I've sent to Indiana and shoot in Michigan. <_<

There must be a price paid for the unbalanced rules in IDPA ESR. Indiana may have to pay the price. :(

Keep it coming guys...I have it on good authourity that some of our special guests will include Travis Tomasie, Max Michel, Taran Butler, Lee Dimaculangan, and possibly Team Paradise. I'm hoping to get KC, JJ and Jo-Jo also. I intend to invite Dave Sevigny and Julie Goloski too. The more women and Juniors, the better!!!! This is a true "family match", and it is for a great cause!!! Hopefully we really do well for the school. The "Big Guy" must be on our side...not a single area championship scheduled against us!!! We should be the only Area 5 major that weekend.

My sincere thanks,

Jeff LaFave

Match Director