Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Exploded Schematic

The Cajun Gun Works reduced power trigger return spring is the way to go, the Henning trigger does make it easier to adjust and has slightly more potential for a crisp, sub 2# trigger, but it is a hefty investment. I have one on my Hunter Open gun:

IMG_20130720_213431_804-1_zps5e438cab.jp

The most significant difference between Tanfoglios and CZ is the trigger reset mechanism: CZ uses a U shaped spring and Tanfos use a trigger plunger

That can't be right..? I've had MANY people inform me that the Tanfoglio is just a rebranded CZ??? ;)

That can't be right..? I've had MANY people inform me that the Tanfoglio is just a rebranded CZ??? ;)

Nealio, I had a jackhole in a gun store ask me "why do you have all these CZs and you don't have the original: the Browning High Power?" :roflol:

• 6 months later...

This is for a CZ75 but someone did a great job on this one.

cz75partsni6.jpg

Curious why the firing pin is marked as a lubrication(it's yellow) point?

I come from the Glock world where lubrication in the striker channel is an absolute no-no... Wonder why you would want to lube the firing pin in a CZ... Seems like the same situation...

Do you guys lube the firing pin in your CZ's or Tanfos?

• 7 months later...

This is for a CZ75 but someone did a great job on this one.

cz75partsni6.jpg

Curious why the firing pin is marked as a lubrication(it's yellow) point?

I come from the Glock world where lubrication in the striker channel is an absolute no-no... Wonder why you would want to lube the firing pin in a CZ... Seems like the same situation...

Do you guys lube the firing pin in your CZ's or Tanfos?

I just happened to be searching for something else and read this. I actually have an answer for you.

The Glock has a plastic sleeve in the firing pin channel that acts as a bearing, so oil is not needed. Many other firearms do not, so metal rubbing on metal requires the oil/ grease.

My eyes about popped out of my head when i saw the firing pin as a lube point on this diagram.

If you oil the firing pin/firing pin channel on a CZ, you're asking for light strikes. You're not going to damage the gun, but you will eventually have a bad day at the range ruining your match results. I am speaking from personal experience.

Keep it dry.

The Cajun Gun Works reduced power trigger return spring is the way to go, the Henning trigger does make it easier to adjust and has slightly more potential for a crisp, sub 2# trigger, but it is a hefty investment. I have one on my Hunter Open gun:

So will this trigger return spring also work on a match?