Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Generic 38 Special Moonclips

Cd662

Hey folks, I want to mess around with 38 Special moonclips but I don't know if I'm ready to pay for the premium ones. I know there are generic 8 shot options, but are there any places that have cheap moonclips (less than 8 dollars a pop) for 6 shot K-Frame?

I don't think revolver supply carries any K or L frame 6-shot (they do carry L-frame 7 shot). I think 10mmdave uses 6-shot L-frame ones he got from Brownells, not sure who makes them. I wasn't able to find them on Brownells website.

Try Ranch Products, I have a couple of L frame moonclips that I have tried. Only problem is that you have to call as they don't do much on the net.

For further information please contact.
Ranch Products
PO Box 145
Malinta, Ohio USA 43535
Phone: 313-277-3118
Fax: 313-565-8536

Hope this helps. Later rdd

Try Ranch Products, I have a couple of L frame moonclips that I have tried. Only problem is that you have to call as they don't do much on the net.

For further information please contact.Ranch Products

PO Box 145

Malinta, Ohio USA 43535

Phone: 313-277-3118

Fax: 313-565-8536

Hope this helps. Later rdd

Yes this! I have their 6 and 8 shot versions. They fit Winchester brass best. Starline is a little sloppy in these clips. They are very inexpensive if you can accept a little wobble in bullet fit.

Hey folks, I want to mess around with 38 Special moonclips but I don't know if I'm ready to pay for the premium ones. I know there are generic 8 shot options, but are there any places that have cheap moonclips (less than 8 dollars a pop) for 6 shot K-Frame?

wow!! who charges more than me!?!?!

wow!! who charges more than me!?!?!

Nobody?

:devil:

-ld

8 per cilp really isn't the end of the world, especially for a good product. I just wanted to see if there were cheaper options so I could mess around with them before committing to buying moonclip holders, and then more moonclips, and then the proper tools to fill and strip them. I don't plan on shooting Limited 6-shot for ICORE, it was more of an experiment for USPSA where I'm shooting minor anyway.

I just called Ranch to order some to try with my new 627 and he said he is out and his die is out for work. He said it should be about 3 weeks before he has more 8-shoot moonclips in stock.

Sorry about that guys. We were preparing the website to sell Hearthco Moons and it looks like I clicked "Online" instead of "offline" when I put the starter info in there.

Don't worry, we will not be selling Hearthco Moons for $8 a piece. They will be right in line with what TK sells his for.

Scott @ Apex