Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Easy Luber

I ran across this the other day:

The price is way out of my, "I'll give it a try for that price" comfort zone. It looks simple enough. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried one out or made their own?

I'm pretty happy using One Shot, I'm mainly just curious how well this works.

I know a guy that has one. It is an erector set, milled slots in a dillon case feed tube and an upside down Federal primer tray, for the lube holder.

If flys and such can get around your press it will become a mini, La brea tar pits.

three or four of those foam tipped envelope licker things filled with lube, and attached at different points on the tube would accomplish the same thing without becoming a stickypad for bugs

I use a $2.00 cookie sheet (garage sale), lay out about 100 cases, spray them with One Shot, let them dry for a few minutes and then dump them in my case feeder. Inexpensive and very effective.

Pat

I use a large pail, throw about 400 rounds in, spray with One Shot, shake, spray again, shake, spray one more time, shake, and then into the case feeder. Yeah it's filthy in the feeder, but I tumble my loaded rounds anyhow. I clean the dies every 10,000 rounds or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know a guy that has one. It is an erector set, milled slots in a dillon case feed tube and an upside down Federal primer tray, for the lube holder.

Yes, that is an exact description of the parts it is made of.

To use a federal primer tray as lube holder was a lucky discovery.

Size an material are perfect for that purpose.

The biggest problem was to find suitable wheels.

They must have the right weight to touch the case surface without stopping it.

The surface must have enough grip to keep spinning while taking up the right amount of lube.

All parts must be durable resistant against Isopropanol (Isopropylalcohol).

Because I could not find matching wheels on the market I had to build them.

The material of the wheels and tires is industrial quality which is difficult to work on.

Another problem is to mill the slots in the Dillon tube without melting the material.

It is not that easy as is seems.

First I built one for my personal use.

Some friends in our shooting club liked it an asked me to build some more.

Because of the success I decided to produce more and sell them.

I know that it seems to be expensive, but the price covers only the costs for material, work, packaging and shipping.

If you like you can answer me whatever you want.

I try to answer as well as my German School-English allows.

Cheers from a German reloader.

Concept is interesting; execution isn't. But what really turned me off on this part? Publishing a video that made me waste 1:42 watching a static screen that says "Easy Lube"... Jeez... ;)

Yes, I know that the video is rubbish.

Sorry, I am not Steven Spielberg ;)

Welcome to the Forums Easy. No need to apologise that you're not Spielberg. We all do the best we can. Keep trying. Anything that might make reloading better is worth a try. :cheers: