Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver holster

mmauk

For all of my non-race holsters I run Blade Tech and love them. The one I just got for my 686 was a little snug, but a minute or less with the hair dryer to soften the kydex slightly and insert the gun and it now works like it's greased. I personally like the belt attachments a little better from Blade Tech than the others. I have a Safariland 002 for ICORE and USPSA, for the price it is a nice holster, but definitely stiff out of the box and I never feel very secure with it. I am saving up right now to get a Double Alpha Race Master to replace it. More expensive but a fantastic holster from the ones I've hand my hands on.

I like my Ghost holster for USPSA. When I was doing IDPA, I used the Ready Tactical holster. If you can post a WTB on the classifieds, you might scare one up that someone is no longer using. I got a good deal on mine like that.

Steve

I would recommend a Double Alpha Racemaster holster, but I run a CR speed and like it. If you want a more practical holster go with a Safariland holster. I have a Bladetech DOH I like it except that it scratches the sides of my cylinder.

Practical-man, I just looked for the toolguy holster, and wasn't able to find one.

Look in the Protocall Design vendor tent. The old PPC holsters were called bucket holsters. They were not molded to the gun, just a big hole to drop it in. Yes they were fast.

I like the CR-Speed holsters but I don't trust the lock, so I always keep my hand on the gun. I ended up buying 3 holsters and belts. One for a long barrel revolver, one for a short barrel revolver and one for the 2011. At the time, Protocol Design's holster wasn't out yet. I would have saved a lot of money going with Protocol's holster.

I like the CR-Speed holsters but I don't trust the lock, so I always keep my hand on the gun. I ended up buying 3 holsters and belts. One for a long barrel revolver, one for a short barrel revolver and one for the 2011. At the time, Protocol Design's holster wasn't out yet. I would have saved a lot of money going with Protocol's holster.

I feel the same way about my CR speed, i dont trust it... the gun just feels a little loose and one good bump into someone and the gun is on the ground.

my daa racemaster on the other hand, I could probably throw it off the empire state building and it'd still be locked in it's holster.