Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2013 Noveske Rifleworks USCA National Championship

Did anybody snap a picture of the overall finals?

List of ways to improve for 2014.

1. Don't do the secret squirrel score withholding until the last minute before the prize table. Nobody wants to wait any longer than they have to in order to see how they did.

I'm with you bro. Our software took a shit on us saturday and ALL scores had to be re-entered again, manually, into a massive excel sheet and then approved by each of the stat shack people. We wanted semi-live scoring...it didn't happen. I was proud of them for keeping their cool and focusing on finding a solution and implementing it immediately.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good shooting Jesse, looks like you turned in the lowest time overall. Must have been the beret! You were also right about the "double the amount of real iron sight shooters" than most major 3-guns, there were two.

In case anybody would like to see what "Squad Awesome" was up to in the shoot house... I did a little mashup at 3am last night since I was still jacked up from the 3 coffee's i drank on my 4 hour drive back to Miami. This video features Squad 4 and some Squad 5... Smitty is in there somewhere ... Stephen B runs smack into a wall and bounces off like plastic man, Ken goes on a swearing tirade during a malfunction.... some fumbled mag changes... and a lot of shooting :)

Enjoy

-Todd

Did anybody snap a picture of the overall finals?List of ways to improve for 2014.1. Don't do the secret squirrel score withholding until the last minute before the prize table. Nobody wants to wait any longer than they have to in order to see how they did.

I'm with you bro. Our software took a shit on us saturday and ALL scores had to be re-entered again, manually, into a massive excel sheet and then approved by each of the stat shack people. We wanted semi-live scoring...it didn't happen. I was proud of them for keeping their cool and focusing on finding a solution and implementing it immediately.
I meant at end of the match when everything was tabulated. You were holding the scores instaad of hanging them up for all to see before the trophy presentations. People don't like to wait for anything nowadays. I gotta sneak peak to decide waft division we were recognizing but the guys next to me were asking if I saw where they were. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

In case anybody would like to see what "Squad Awesome" was up to in the shoot house... I did a little mashup at 3am last night since I was still jacked up from the 3 coffee's i drank on my 4 hour drive back to Miami. This video features Squad 4 and some Squad 5... Smitty is in there somewhere ... Stephen B runs smack into a wall and bounces off like plastic man, Ken goes on a swearing tirade during a malfunction.... some fumbled mag changes... and a lot of shooting :)

Enjoy

-Todd

We totally loved the vid!! thanks for the effort

Did anybody snap a picture of the overall finals?List of ways to improve for 2014.1. Don't do the secret squirrel score withholding until the last minute before the prize table. Nobody wants to wait any longer than they have to in order to see how they did.

I meant at end of the match when everything was tabulated. You were holding the scores instaad of hanging them up for all to see before the trophy presentations. People don't like to wait for anything nowadays. I gotta sneak peak to decide waft division we were recognizing but the guys next to me were asking if I saw where they were.

Those weren't the scores. It was copies of pics of the girls in the new Magpul calendar.

I hope USCA gave James "The hardest working RO" a free gun, lifetime membership at the Rage and to USCA.

Ran Stage 3 on Sat, Ran Stage 6 on Sun.

And did an Awesome Job on Both!

Big Thanks to James and to all the RO's

Dude!!! The RO's at this match were rock solid! They worked hard as Hard as I have ever seen and were still having fun which makes it fun for us shooters. I felt sorry for them having to explain all the new rules to us 10-15 times over stage but they got it done well.

I felt the RO's worked so hard and were pretty beat up by Sunday I personally walked to each one, shook their hand, thanked them sincerely for their time and effort at this event and then loaded them up with Noveske shirts, hats, stickers and patches. I'm pretty sure I found each and every RO but if not, just email me and I am happy to have more stuff sent your way.

It was a blast shooting with Squad 5, The NST enjoyed getting to shoot with some new shooters to the USCA game as well as the Wolfs. It was great seeing a father and son shooting a match together. I was impressed with the number of junior shooters and ladies looking to get into the sport. It's one goal everyone hopes for and it appears USCA is certainly doing the right thing in that respect.

On behalf of Noveske Rifleworks, LLC I would like to say thank you to the RO's, Mac, Brian and Martin as well as the host range for putting on this event.

After talking with my team, we believe there is a place for this league, and we hope it continues to grow. The more shooting sports and disciplines, the better.

I imagine the match staff is in need of some rest but when they are ready to run the 2nd Annual USCA Carbine Championships, Noveske Rifleworks is happy to be the title sponsor.

~Jansen T. Jones, Esq. (signed like that just for you Mr. Gruber)

Edited by kellyn
If you're going to put esq. after your name, you shouldn't have spelling errors.

Still can't find any results?? Or if the other divisions actually met the quantities needed for prize by finish, rather than random draw.

Nice of you to notice that Jansen, The RO's are always busting their asses to help put on good matches, you might run out of T-shirts and swag if you keep that up. I know any squad that Kurt and I are on always make a point of personally thanking and shaking the hand of every RO and stage helper before we leave a stage, if everyone would remember that it might be easier for matches to find good help.

Trapr

Link to overall scores: https://www.dropbox.com/s/11gxl3jkz99ubxb/2013%20Noveske%20Rifleworks%20USCA%20National%20Championship%20Results.pdf

Every division was able to walk their respective table. We summed up total prize MSRP broke it into the percentage represented by the division. Example: Say Tac Ops represented 75% of all shooters their table received prizes equaling 75% of total MSRP.

Thanks again to everyone who attended the match.

If the stages would have been posted weeks before hand (like most matches), there might of been more shooters in the Iron/ Heavy divisions.

If I see a lot of running im not going to shoot with a 7.62, if most of the targets are 200+ i will not shoot irons.

If i knew their was a spinner i would have brought my 77gr ammo ect. Ect.

Info is the key to having happy (returning) shooters

I just dropped my rental car off and went there Daytona Beach Airport in less than 30 minutes. I gotta say this has been one of if not the most pleasant places and travel experiences I've had this year going to and from an match.

Florida was nice. Orlando airport was a bit more crazy... about 45 minute wait in the security line with all the Disney and cruise ship crowd.... but the $200 round trip non-stop was very nice...

You spun your holster to your weak side. Gamer! :roflol:

It is, after all, a game. :)

The rules just said you had to wear your handgun on every stage. Not that it had to be available. I had mine at about 7 o'clock on my belt thanks to ELS.

Jesse, do you have video of your TO run?

I'm curious as to the difference you mention.

Negative. I thought I was shooting so bad I quit filming. It looks the same except I shot the steel around the right side of the car instead.

You spun your holster to your weak side. Gamer! :roflol:

It wasn't being gamey. It was tactical. I knew I needed my pistol for the rest of the match. Rather than lay on it in the mud I put it somewhere safe.