Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2013 Noveske Rifleworks USCA National Championship

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New rule book allows for dication on 50% the stages at a national match!

So it does take a step closer to IDPA....

To be clear, a stage can be declared a "narrative" by simply requiring the first mag in your rifle must be downloaded to 10 rounds but the rest of the mags and course of fire is to division capacity and shoot'em as you see'em. . The only non-narrative stage is one where the stage description is something to the effect of "On start signal engage targets as they become visible". So USCA's definition of narratives is equivalent to stage directives in other shooting leagues.

I'm pretty certain there will be no IDPA-style stages at Nats. I'll be honest, I don't recall but one USCA club that even comes close to dictating an entire course of fire, and that's a "tactical" club. That's the whole reasons narratives were created, so guys that like to dress up and play army can dictate courses of fire at local matches at one club and guys that want to think for themselves and shoot their own game plan can at other matches at other clubs.

USCA is kinda like the United States, if you dont like one states laws you can move to a state that you feel best aligns with your values. If you don't like playing dress-up don't shoot USCA Club X. If you like more run and gun shoot USCA Club Y.

Nationals will be a test of the competitors shooting ability not the competitors ability to remember directions, step-by-step.

Edited by mrgreentie

To be clear, a stage can be declared a "narrative" by simply requiring the first mag in your rifle must be downloaded to 10 rounds but the rest of the mags and course of fire is to division capacity and shoot'em as you see'em. . The only non-narrative stage is one where the stage description is something to the effect of "On start signal engage targets as they become visible". So USCA's definition of narratives is equivalent to stage directives in other shooting leagues.

I'm pretty certain there will be no IDPA-style stages at Nats. I'll be honest, I don't recall but one USCA club that even comes close to dictating an entire course of fire, and that's a "tactical" club. That's the whole reasons narratives were created, so guys that like to dress up and play army can dictate courses of fire at local matches at one club and guys that want to think for themselves and shoot their own game plan can at other matches at other clubs.

USCA is kinda like the United States, if you dont like one states laws you can move to a state that feel best aligns with your values. If you don't like playing dress-up don't shoot USCA Club X. If you like more run and gun shoot USCA Club Y.

Nationals will be a test of the competitors shooting ability not the competitors ability to remember directions, step-by-step.

Glad to hear that.. I am looking forward to the match.. the high round count looks awesome.

USCA is kinda like the United States, if you dont like one states laws you can move to a state that feel best aligns with your values. If you don't like playing dress-up don't shoot USCA Club X. If you like more run and gun shoot USCA Club Y.

Glad to hear that.. I am looking forward to the match.. the high round count looks awesome.

Stage 1 is a hose fest for sure. Minimum 30 rounds pistol, 31 rifle and tons of steel.

Also, we're shooting out a max of 320yds right now. There is talk of shooting farther but we're thinking of holding back going out any farther. We plan on releasing stage details and diagrams 30-days before the match.

• 2 weeks later...

It's September and the last month before the entry fee for the 2013 Noveske Rifleworks USCA National Championship increases.

$175 through September 30, 2013 ($150 for Juniors)

$200 on or after October 1, 2013 ($175 for Juniors)
Application date is based on postmark.

http://www.uscarbineassociation.com/2013-championship.cfm

Adams Arms has stepped up and thrown guns on the prize table. Adams Arms will be the official sponsor of Open DIvision.

Lots of guns starting to pile on the prize table.

Here is a subset of sponsors so far:

Title Sponsor :

Noveske Rifleworks

Division Sponsors:

Heavy Division - Knights Armament

Tac Ops Division - Magpul

Irons Division - Blueforce Gear

MilLe Division - Daniel Defense

Open DIvision- Adams Arms

Stage Sponsors :

Warne Scope Mounts

Kel-Tec

Associate Sponsors :

Spikes Tactical

Nightforce

Contributing Sponsor :

Wilson Combat

Viking Tactics

• 2 weeks later...

Official round counts for the match are in:

• Rifle: 247 rounds minimum
  • Pistol: 105 rounds minimum
  • Total rounds: 352
  • 66 pieces of steel

*The counts above are minimum round counts. Given the possibility of make-up shots and potential stage re-shoots you may want to consider bringing 1.25x or 1.5x the minimum round counts outlined above.

Edited by mrgreentie

• 2 weeks later...

Looking thru the rules to see where a 1x optic fits - aimpoints and prismatics - and it looks like they fit in the mil spec division. However the rule states "fixed magnification", not 1x. To me "fixed" would be aimpoints and acogs in 4x and 6x, and a few other scopes. It sorta looks like a 1x will be up against magnified scopes?

Looking thru the rules to see where a 1x optic fits - aimpoints and prismatics - and it looks like they fit in the mil spec division. However the rule states "fixed magnification", not 1x. To me "fixed" would be aimpoints and acogs in 4x and 6x, and a few other scopes. It sorta looks like a 1x will be up against magnified scopes?

That's how I read it too. Got an ACOG coming, offset irons and a big fat comp for my Mil Spec rifle.

As long as it is fixed it an be any magnification 1x, 3x, etc. i.e No magnification variability built into the optic.

This match will have shots out to 320 yds. BUT, that is on man sized steel. Running a 4x fixed may be an advantage on that stage but will be a detriment on a few of the short/fast stages...unless you're running offset irons AND can shoot Alphas at match speed with those irons.

We'll see if Jesse can pull it off :)

As long as it is fixed it an be any magnification 1x, 3x, etc. i.e No magnification variability built into the optic.

This match will have shots out to 320 yds. BUT, that is on man sized steel. Running a 4x fixed may be an advantage on that stage but will be a detriment on a few of the short/fast stages...unless you're running offset irons AND can shoot Alphas at match speed with those irons.

How deep are the bays?

How deep are the bays?

Most are shallow 15-30yds. There are a few longer distance bays but they are the exception. Also, there will be a low-light stage and irons don't do well in the dark.