Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2013 Noveske Rifleworks USCA National Championship

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few notes regarding the match:
You can compete in multiple divisions but walk the prize table once. You can walk in the division you place highest in. We announced this on the Facebook page a month or so ago but wanted to make sure it was here as well.
Due to the length of some stages and the limited amount of daylight (daylight savings hits right before the match) we're cutting back to 7 stages. This will ensure we don't shoot in the dark and finish early enough on Sunday to walk the prize table in daylight.
The prize table is looking awesome. The top 50% of all shooters will be walking the tables, if not more.
Divisions with less than 10 shooters will have a drawing for a limited amount of prizes. Heavy and Irons divisions are under 10 as of right now. I anticipate Open hitting 10 shooters but barely
There are like 6-10 shots at 200 and 6-ish shots at 320. The shots at 320yds are on man size steel.
As far as preparing for the match I'd definitely get comfortable shooting off both shoulders as you'll be required to do that on a few target arrays.
Get comfortable shooting from really awkward shooting positions (Think VTAC boards, prone, kneeling, etc).
While there aren't a ton of awkward shots there are enough that warrant you to add this to your training regiment.
Know how to work your rifle on a sling. MilLe div is required to wear a sling on every stage. I think there are 3-ish stages that require everyone to wear a sling, regardless of division.
As far as a sling goes, on one stage, you will need to sling your rifle and climb a tower (8-ish ft.) then shoot from that elevated platform at targets out to 320 (I'm gonna run a single point sling that can go 2 point with QD sockets). We'll also be shooting off a simulated roof peak with shingles and all so wear pants unless you're not scared to get ripped up.
Also, a rifle-mounted light might be really helpful for one stage as you won't have but a sliver of daylight in the enclosed portion of the stage. We'll have quick connect lights for those that don't have them.
It's gonna be bananas, no doubt about it.

So if there are only 10 in Open are you saying there will only be a couple prizes??

Here are a few notes regarding the match:

You can compete in multiple divisions but walk the prize table once. You can walk in the division you place highest in. We announced this on the Facebook page a month or so ago but wanted to make sure it was here as well.

I personally don't like this idea for a "National" level match. This plus the method of prize distribution in other divisions may turn this into a "Tac-Optic" match (with regards to the prize table).

You can compete in multiple divisions but walk the prize table once. You can walk in the division you place highest in.

Can you choose which one to walk, as 10th in TO might yield a better prize than 2nd in Open?

How does it work if we shoot two divisions? One division per day or one division in the morning and one in the afternoon?
One div in the morning and the other div in the afternoon.

Can you shoot your "practice division" first, ie, can I shoot the stages in Open in the morning and then shoot them again in the afternoon with the same rifle in TO?

You can compete in multiple divisions but walk the prize table once. You can walk in the division you place highest in.

Can you choose which one to walk, as 10th in TO might yield a better prize than 2nd in Open?

How does it work if we shoot two divisions? One division per day or one division in the morning and one in the afternoon?
One div in the morning and the other div in the afternoon.

Can you shoot your "practice division" first, ie, can I shoot the stages in Open in the morning and then shoot them again in the afternoon with the same rifle in TO?

It would flip on the second day so.......

The rules are nice and simple but a bit sparse in comparison to many other multi-gun games. Quick question that comes to mind, since it sounds like there will be stages that have the shooters with holstered hot pistols firing the rifle first in many stages. What is the thinking on body positions that might end up with the pistol muzzle pointing back at the SO and or crowd? Roll over prone, etc through low ports, for example. Just trying to get my head around the possibilities from a safety aspect.

Less than 10 days out.

A lot of my friends are trying to find info on this match, round count, stages, max distance, etc.

The match website has none of this....I told them to search this web site and others, gave them links, its a lot of leg work for info that should be on the match website...a lot of guys don't visit the forums.

Edited by Finbox

Match update:

We're certifying ROs, running an Intro to USCA training class, this weekend, with Frank Proctor as our instructor and completely revamping our scoring system just in time for Nats.

We've processed all the apps we've received and the last batch of match acceptance emails go out tomorrow.

Key dates coming up:

11/10/2013 :: Squadding up and link shared via email list (using your email from your match application) and various social media outlets

11/12/2013 :: Match Stages will be shared via email list (using your email from your match application) and various social media outlets

11/13/2013 :: Final match email to all shooters via email list. The who, what, where, why, when and how

11/15/2013 :: Shooter pre-registration (pick-up your shooter bags, rule books, schedules, swag, etc) 4:00pm - 8:00pm est. at the match hotel ( http://www.countryinns.com/usca )

11/16/2013 :: Sat morning shooters match briefing, at the range 7:00am. ( http://www.volusiacountygunandhuntclub.com/)

11/16/2013 :: Sat afternoon shooters match briefing, at the range 11:00am. ( http://www.volusiacountygunandhuntclub.com/)

11/17/2013 :: 4:45pm last shots

11/17/2013 :: 5:30pm Awards and prize table