Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clipboards without pens

EricW

Every time I get stuck with scorekeeper duty at a match, I'm scrambling for a writing utensil. Why can't USPSA do something about this? It is not my responsibility to keep an office supply store in my range bag. I barely have room for all my Hootie and the Blowfish 8 tracks as it is. All those high and mighty director bozos do is worry about unifying the rules with IPSC, going to the SHOT show, trashing Hooters, and putting on the occasional national match. Where's the concern for the average shooter? What have you done for me lately?

I think a revision needs to be made to the new green rule book that all clipboards in USPSA must have gold-plated Cross pens securely tethered to them. Don't try to sluff some six cent Bic stick shinola on me. I want the good stuff. Failure to comply will result in Failures to Do Right for the match staff and the Area Director. If we don't have extra pens, I think Mike Voight should have to charter a private jet and bring a box of pens to the range.

When will USPSA focus on the issues that affect shooters most?

Vive la Revolution!

che.jpg

Why can't USPSA do something about this?

They have.

When you take an RO or CRO class...you get a pen. :P

It even has a string attached to the cap. This might be so that the RO can wear the pen like a necklace...having it always ready. Or, it could be to form a noose out of??? :D

u532.jpg

But what about me, the local range flunky? I do not feel the love here. Where's my love? Where's my gold-plated Cross pen? What are those losers in Sedro doing with my $40 anyway? For $40, there should be a Mont Blanc on every clipboard, but all I expect is a lousy Cross. Am I not being reasonable?

Sigh...

....off to re-invent the Metric target. Soon, I'll have it completely re-configured so that it favors me, the E-class shooter.

Wow, the pens have changed, I got a big ass ugly yellow thing that didnt even work. Take the class, then you are offical and can take bribes and afford any kind of pen you want. I offered to over look a no shoot for a guy the other day for a thousand bucks but I guess he was proud he hit something and decided to take it. Larry

You're a bunch of whimps...can't you remember the scores of all targets, splits, total time and PT's/Proc of 100-150 shooters for 8 hours :blink: ! Who needs pens and clip boards... :wacko:

I'm the guy hiding behind my clipboard and Parker pen..... :P

I think a revision needs to be made to the new green rule book that all clipboards in USPSA must have gold-plated Cross pens securely tethered to them.

Damn. You guys get clipboards? Boy, the USPSA really spoils you. I'm happy when they give me a brand new target to use (the shot ones cause my Bic pen to punch holes in the scoresheets).

:wacko:

The total lack of responsiveness on the part of Mike Voight and USPSA BOD members is indicative of the widespread conspiracy against the E-class shooter. The offer of a necklace pen is a clearly an attempt to assassinate me. I'd catch that thing on a tree the next time I face plant while shooting in the natural terrain bay (which the USPSA BOD surreptitiously boobytraps with things like dirt, rocks, and sticks).

First they institute a scoring system that persecutes the proletariat competitor. Now, they won't even provide us with a decent writing utensil.

Down with the bourgeois Grandmaster elite ruling class! Vive la Revolution!

che2.jpg