Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Dual trigger,, anyone have one?

M ammo

Bryan, I saw some video's a few weeks ago on it...did not think it was even worth posting on the Enosphere at the time. But today, the website and the videos are gone or disabled.

If memory serves, one had a guy shooting about 3 rounds/second with an AR. With the Dual Trigger, the rate was about 7 rounds/second.

I used to play tournament type paintball years ago. Mark's right, the increased shooting speed is from a technique called trigger walking. You scissor your two fingers back and forth on the the trigger, and the trigger is .5mm pull with <1lb and a break beam laser switch. The technique is used to throw a wall of paintballs in the hopes of hitting a target by saturation. The technique is not used for throwing 2 rounds at a time (as in 2 on paper). The very fastest I was ever able to achieve was about 12 shots per second (without ramping, aka "cheater" software). A paintball marker with double trigger and without electronic assist can rarely be shot over 7 shots per second. Most people can already run around 5 rds per second with any decent AR trigger. That means, in a 30 shot course (15 paper targets), the very best you could hope to gain in that course of fire would be about .75 sec. Consider that 75% of your stage time is spent doing something other than shooting. Moving, transitions, reloads, etc. It becomes clear that the greater payoff for investment is in plain old practice. Not just practice shooting, but platform transitions, movement, transitions and so on. This takes us back to the same old truth that our sport is less a shooting sport and more of an exercise in time management. An engineer type would look to a Pareto chart to find the largest opportunity in time. I promise you... it aint in splits.

Do you work for them M? This makes me laugh as I ride to CMMG at least. Can't wait to try my new bump fire stock at the match

Nope,,,, but New,, stuff is always interesting,,

Do you work for them M? This makes me laugh as I ride to CMMG at least. Can't wait to try my new bump fire stock at the match

Nope,,,, but New,, stuff is always interesting,,

New isn't always good. This is good for a laugh that's about it.

Wow......I just don't know what else to say. That is hideous. Game changer? Innovative? I can't even read the first paragraph of that article without laughing.

Looks like a Red Jacket product, lol.

Edited by 9X23Guy

It shows that someone someplace, is thinking. Testing, Pushing, the Norm,, and trying to make something better.

Not long ago,,, The sport of 3 Gun was an Extreme Joke to most of the shooting world.

Today for example,,,, what we would call the 3 Gun Rifle. Configuration, Is the Go TO gun,,

For most of that high-speed, low drag, people, they make movies about.

How did that happen,,, people showed up on match day,,, with new stuff, on their gun,, most of it made in garage workshops? Long han guards,, for example,,,,, the first ones I saw were all homemade,, People laughed,,

That took many years and lots of trial and error. (Is thinking. Testing, Pushing, and trying to make something better.)

The trigger is one of those things. Laugh all you want at someone who is trying.

Ask yourself what have you Done? Created? Tested? To improve anything about the sport?

M, are you suuuuure you're not on their payroll?????

Nope I'm self,,, Sponsored shooter,, and I sponsor my Team,,, --- wife and kids!!

I’m not hindered by what my Sponsor will let me shoot!!! hahaha

It shows that someone someplace, is thinking. Testing, Pushing, the Norm,, and trying to make something better.

Not long ago,,, The sport of 3 Gun was an Extreme Joke to most of the shooting world.

Today for example,,,, what we would call the 3 Gun Rifle. Configuration, Is the Go TO gun,,

For most of that high-speed, low drag, people, they make movies about.

How did that happen,,, people showed up on match day,,, with new stuff, on their gun,, most of it made in garage workshops? Long han guards,, for example,,,,, the first ones I saw were all homemade,, People laughed,,

That took many years and lots of trial and error. (Is thinking. Testing, Pushing, and trying to make something better.)

The trigger is one of those things. Laugh all you want at someone who is trying.

Ask yourself what have you Done? Created? Tested? To improve anything about the sport?

There is a lot of new things that come out all the time some good and some bad that gets thrown away. I think this is in the throw away category. Just because something is new does not mean its innovative or even usable. As far as what I have done for this sport. I talk to every shooter I see and try to get them out into three gun. Myself and my friends host matches as well. We all have different talents, some are great shooters, some are good promoters and others are good inventors. I encourage your friend to keep trying with his inventions but honestly this one looks like a flop.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Run new shooter clinics, run matches, RO matches, work on rulesets, frequently help new shooters set up guns and gear, frequently help new shooters develop loads, design new products, produce new products, consult with manufacturers on design and improvements to platforms...just a few things I guess.

Yup and R&D happens,,, at the 3 gun Match,,, time will tell,,

No, I can pretty much tell you now... this will rock the 3-gun world about as much as the invention of Pyrodex. :mellow:

Just wait till there is a black powder division in three gun...

Ask yourself what have you Done? Created? Tested? To improve anything about the sport?[/size]

Run new shooter clinics, run matches, RO matches, work on rulesets, frequently help new shooters set up guns and gear, frequently help new shooters develop loads, design new products, produce new products, consult with manufacturers on design and improvements to platforms...just a few things I guess.

Is that all?

(just kidding thanks for your efforts)

pat

• 3 weeks later...

I played paintball a while back and I actually did better with a mechanical trigger as opposed to an e trigger, I ran an autococker with minor internal mods and I could get 12 rounds a second it was an earlier model with a single trigger. So I don't think a shorter lighter trigger on an ar will be any trouble for me to go as fast as I want to still be able to get properly grouped pairs. There is also a reason I'm shooting 3-gun now instead of playing paintball (or airsoft for that matter). As its been said paintball is spray and pray, send a steam down the field and hope the opponent runs through it and you can hold over 150 in the hopper at a time so it won't run dry in 2 seconds like an ar would. Double trigger, no thanks, if someone comes out with a sport for AR's on who can dump a mag the faster no care as to where they hit, this might be worth a look. But until that day arrives I'll stick with my cmc.