Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calling on all "Lefties" I need a holster!

I bought a safariland holster that is not quite working for me. Some people told me to try a Blade Tech DOH Black Ice. So I eagerly placed an order for one about a month ago. I know they take about 6 weeks to recieve (for what ever reason). So I get a call last night from Blade Tech CS stating they dont make Black Ice holsters in left handed and they are sorry the website allowed me to actually order one. So I inquire about what holster they offer that will fit my needs and they recommended their basic OWB with a DOH /Stingray attachment. I said ok, hook me up. They said ok, it will be 7-8 weeks. I got stuck at the back of the line for what ever reason.

My question to you that are shooting USPSA/Steel Challenge Production class and are left handed- what holster are you using?

Thank you very much for your insight and help.

You also might check out Ready Tactical. You also might check out Red Dot Shooting-they carry a large inventory of Blade Tech holsters-may even have the one you are buying from Blade Tech.

Edited by The_Vigilante

Blade-tech DOH for me. I have one for my MP Pro and just got one for the CZ SP01 Shadow Custom I have on order.

Shooters Connection had this holster in stock and got it to me within less than a week.

Eric

I've been using Uncle Mike's Kydex for my Glock 19 Size 21, Left hand for years and it holds up just fine. Used it at the Spring Steel Match in Mesa; no problems. I use a Dawson Precision fiber optic front-sight so I had to file out some of the material so the sight fits into the holster. Had to widen the holster a bit. Just used screws, Lock-tite, and flattened the ends. Hope this helps.

fyi, For CCW, Glock 27, I use a left-handed hybrid holster custom made by FIST. It's Kydex and leather. Fits on side and small of the back.

After much searching and frustration I was finally able to find something I think will work. Blade-Tech DOH/Sting Ray Holster-- LEFT HAND (Glock 17/22) from shooters connection.

Thanks for all of the ideas and help everyone.

Enjoy the day

• 2 weeks later...

I know a lot of folks go for the drop offset holster for production but I don't believe you lose that much going with a standard OWB holster. Using the Uncle Mike's gets you some offset and they are economical. You can't go wrong with Comp-Tac.

Lefty revolver shooter. I own blade-tec, ready tactical and for race holster I run a ghost. I love the Left Handed Ghost on my CR speed belt. For Kydex I prefer my Ready Tactical over the Blade-Tec. FWIW.

~when you miss issuing an earned procedural, you just successfully gave it to everyone else.~

Again, thank you all for the help here. For the sake of time I was able to get a Bladetech DOH with Stingray belt loop attachment from Shooters Connection. Compared to my Safarliand paddle holster, its a dream. I will use the paddle holster for IDPA if I shoot it since it rides much higher than the Bladetech. But for now I am very happy with the Bladetech DOH for USPSA and Steel Challenge.

Have a great Memorial weekend to all from the US. Remember, and never forget.

Enjoy