Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom or Chameleon?

Would you choose the Taccom or the Chameleon belt for a load 2 system, and why? I'm not interested in the standard caddies due to small hands and tendon damage making it impossible to do a 4 shell weak hand load, and very difficult to manipulate 3...so load 2 it is.

I like that the Taccom could be mounted to my CR Speed belt, and the Chameleon holds more rounds. I have never seen or used either in person, so Im hoping you all can help. I am also aware of the Carbon Arms, but the price difference rules that one out for me.

Thanks, looking forward to some input so I can get one ordered for my first match next month.

From posts I have seen on forums here the Chameleon may take a while to get delivered unless someone has one in the states.

Call Tim at Taccom and he would be glad to address any questions you have in person.

Mark Otto also makes a load two belt and is on forums as superfly.

I had no preferred load method and was working with load two but decided to learn load 4 weakhand.

LOL, another $25? The CA backbone is $152 to hold 12 rounds, and the Taccom is $98 to hold 16.........is the CA really that much better to spend over $50 more to hold fewer rounds? If so, how? (As I said, I have never held either, so I only know what I see in the pictures)

I was slightly mistaken...$152 is with the back strap...$136 without......still same question (why pay more to hold fewer rounds)?

Edited by love2shoot

Flexibility. It can be chest mounted or belt mounted using the popular ELS or Tek-Lok methods. SSLs (shell clips) can be individually removed, angled or replaced if one fails.

You can mount up to 16 on the current backbone if you buy the extra SSLs. Rumor has it Mark has a 24rd backbone due out soon, too.

I have the Chameleon 20 rd belt and add a Taccom 6up on my belt for the high round count stages. The Chameleon feels more secure to me but both work well and tough to beat the Taccom price. I was one of several that waited 2 months on the Chameleon but it was worth the wait.

I'm trying out the Taccom Duaload Belt Line 16rnder because of the price. I believe you can attach tek-locs to the system, so there seems to be the same flexibility as the cabon arms. We will see when I actually receive them. The website said 2 weeks but I asked about my order on facebook and they said it would be going out today.

I just fitted out a MOLLE chest panel with a bunch of Tim's TACCOM stuff. I use the Blade-Tech small modular mounts (TMMS) for most of my 3-gun equipment, so it was just a matter of putting several of the male mounts on MOLLE-Lok strips, and now I can move any of my shotshell holders between belt and chest.

Well, I went with 3 6ups and got them Friday. So far I really like them, just wish I had more belt space since I prefer them canted all the way over. Filled them full of dummies and practice a few minutes and I must say it works way better for me than fighting and fumbling shells from a caddy. Thanks for the suggestion Jesse, I'll take a look and maybe add them in the future. I'm just starting, and might get kicked out of the house if I spend any more in the near future. LOL

• 9 months later...

Is taccom need special belt mount?

you can attach it with a supplied clip and screws or do like I do and use them on Tek-Loks. I also built a chest rig out of kydex for the shotgun shells and attached the Qualoads directly to it with chicago screws. I use the chest rig any time I may need to go prone, high round count stages, .....I have 2-4 sets of 8-up Qualoads set up for both strong and weak hand loading and a couple quickcaddies for my belt in addition to a MME 4 shell caddie. All options on the table in the range bag depending upon the stage.

I had Taccoms (now Invictus) quad caddies for the belt, but I really think the Chameleon is the best chest/belly rig out there if you want to wear something above the belt. The clips themselves may take a little breaking in or even sanding, but the belt itself is way more secure and comfortable than anything based on a 2" nylon or canvas belt.

Is taccom need special belt mount?

You can do the 4up or 8up QUALOAD on a TECLOK or ELS....or you can get the new QUALOAD BELTLINE that comes with a web belt for a VERY low cost chest rig. We have them available now at $140.00

post-2749-0-31666300-1393973358_thumb.jp

Edited by TRUBL

I had Taccoms (now Invictus) quad caddies for the belt, but I really think the Chameleon is the best chest/belly rig out there if you want to wear something above the belt. The clips themselves may take a little breaking in or even sanding, but the belt itself is way more secure and comfortable than anything based on a 2" nylon or canvas belt.

I have found that when I leave shells in the clips on my Chameleon between matches they are noticably easier to pull shells out of than the ones left empty. As I don't mind them a little stiff I try and remember to leave the clips empty so they all have the same tension. I love my Chameleon, I bought some Taccom 4ups and did not like them as well as the Chameleon clips.