Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

iswope; Call Taran; during a conversation with them about there trigger springs. They said send my trigger to them for a complete trigger job, they felt that allot of the parts between Benellis, and Stoegers would be interchangeable. It beats sending it ALL back to Stoeger

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving this idea Tom. Please keep us posted.

The weight in my buttstock will come out today. I shot ~120 rounds or 3dram and 1200fps slugs flawlessly through this gun prior to adding the 13oz buttstock weight. When I added the weight I enjoyed the reduced recoil, but I didn't realize that the weight would cause an issue. At the TFD match, I had 2-3 FTE out of 143 rounds of 3dram Fed shells. I also shot 37 Rem 1200fps slugs with about 1 FTE/stage(8 stages with slugs).

I am also now interested in a softer recoil pad. Sounds like the Kickezz is a popular choice. Which one do you guys recommend: All purpose, Special Slotted, Sporting Clays, "Trap?

I'm still looking. I just ordered a medium slip-over pad from kick eez.

So in trying to install the Taran Tactical lifter in my M3k I screwed up pretty badly. In pounding out the staked pin holding the breach bolt latch onto the lifter one of the ears broke off. Anyone know where to purchase just this part? This blows. Is this the same as on a Benelli?

bbl.jpg

Iswope, email me so that we can talk about the issues you are having. Jared@thetacticalbay.com

iswope; Call Taran; during a conversation with them about there trigger springs. They said send my trigger to them for a complete trigger job, they felt that allot of the parts between Benellis, and Stoegers would be interchangeable. It beats sending it ALL back to Stoeger

Yeah, I thought about that but I was hoping I could just find a replacement part off of midway or some place for a Benelli that would work. I don't want to go through the hassle of shipping stuff out since it's just a single little part, you know?

Limbsaver makes a precision fit pad for the stoeger m2000 (model # 10008). Would the dimensions be the same on the stock between the two models?

Mine would be special fit anyway since I have shortened it 1".

I'm loving this idea Tom. Please keep us posted.

The weight in my buttstock will come out today. I shot ~120 rounds or 3dram and 1200fps slugs flawlessly through this gun prior to adding the 13oz buttstock weight. When I added the weight I enjoyed the reduced recoil, but I didn't realize that the weight would cause an issue. At the TFD match, I had 2-3 FTE out of 143 rounds of 3dram Fed shells. I also shot 37 Rem 1200fps slugs with about 1 FTE/stage(8 stages with slugs).

I am also now interested in a softer recoil pad. Sounds like the Kickezz is a popular choice. Which one do you guys recommend: All purpose, Special Slotted, Sporting Clays, "Trap?

I'm still looking. I just ordered a medium slip-over pad from kick eez.

Maybe Patrick will chime in and let us know. I also just noticed that there are medium and large sizes of each style. I just called Recoil-pads.com and left a message. Maybe they will call me back and let me know.

Jesse do you shoot for Stoeger, or do want Stoeger on your shirt some where. Just kidding man; just seriously jealous looking at that pic . surely at the level your at, those will be practices guns. Hey and thank you for your input in solving some of the issues with the Stoegers

Jesse do you shoot for Stoeger, or do want Stoeger on your shirt some where. Just kidding man; just seriously jealous looking at that pic . surely at the level your at, those will be practices guns. Hey and thank you for your input in solving some of the issues with the Stoegers

Funny you should mention that...

Jesse,

Did you prefer the 24" over a 26" as that is what you got or is that was what was available?

Just wanting to see if you considered one an advantage over the other.

Mike

It really doesn't matter. The shorter guns way less so they feel faster in the hands.

So in trying to install the Taran Tactical lifter in my M3k I screwed up pretty badly. In pounding out the staked pin holding the breach bolt latch onto the lifter one of the ears broke off. Anyone know where to purchase just this part? This blows. Is this the same as on a Benelli?

bbl.jpg

Looks like this is a benelli part # 60228 breech bolt latch. Brownells shows out of stock, list price of about $14, so after shipping if it was wrong you'd be out a $20 bill. Might be worth a call to Triangle Shooting sports or TTI to see if they had one in stock and could take some quick measurements. Based solely on the photo it looks close to the M2 version, but the keeper pin at least on mine isn't staked.

Finally got my new M3000 out to the range for some clay shooting. Cleaned off the factory grease, oiled it up, and it cycled through everything we put in it without a failure. Even the light loads. I'm in love.

Saving my pennies so I can send it off to MOA.

I opened up my Stoeger to change out the factory springs to Taran springs, and the trigger spring cap (small plastic) shot out. I searched 4 hrs . today nothing . Stoeger service tech is not very helpful honestly that lady knows nothing gave me a number of shop to call for parts They said M3000 to new has no small parts Any Ideas, I was going to call Benelli see if there trigger spring cap would work . Warning DO NOT work on the smaller parts of your gun in a Garage :sick:

I opened up my Stoeger to change out the factory springs to Taran springs, and the trigger spring cap (small plastic) shot out. I searched 4 hrs . today nothing . Stoeger service tech is not very helpful honestly that lady knows nothing gave me a number of shop to call for parts They said M3000 to new has no small parts Any Ideas, I was going to call Benelli see if there trigger spring cap would work . Warning DO NOT work on the smaller parts of your gun in a Garage :sick:

And remember to wear safety glasses! I had my M2 trigger group apart last week to change the disconnector and hammer to us parts (922r compliance) and did the same thing. It came flying out with enough force to be concerning. Fortunately I found it, and it didn't hit me in the face. Lesson learned......

Just to update and inform: Called Stoeger this time wanting to order a Benelli trigger spring cap, thinking there the same. Spoke with the parts and tech support dept.( Ethan ) wish I would have talked to him the first time. Parts on the way :goof: Free. (Ethan - in parts, and tech dept is knowledgeable) said the Benelli trigger spring caps OD is smaller, Stoeger M3000 is a tinny bit bigger. Guhther; I totally agree about (Wear those safety glasses) that happen so fast, it flew by face almost straight up hitting a box then the floor, never to be seen again

Just to update and inform: Called Stoeger this time wanting to order a Benelli trigger spring cap, thinking there the same. Spoke with the parts and tech support dept.( Ethan ) wish I would have talked to him the first time. Parts on the way :goof: Free. (Ethan - in parts, and tech dept is knowledgeable) said the Benelli trigger spring caps OD is smaller, Stoeger M3000 is a tinny bit bigger. Guhther; I totally agree about (Wear those safety glasses) that happen so fast, it flew by face almost straight up hitting a box then the floor, never to be seen again

Nice Info!

So this thread induced me to buy an M3000. Wish I had a 24, but got a great deal on a 26". $430 plus tax, FWIW. Elite Pawn in Conyers, for any Georgia readers.

Anyway, what's the deal with the plugged-up holes in the top of the receiver? Are they already drilled, or are those just indicating the places to drill? I haven't poked at them to see if they're something other than aluminum.