Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiocchi Slugs the way to go?

RAZZ

Any new information on slugs? I've been a big fan of the Fiocchi Low Recoils in my Mossberg 930. Need to get more information on their low recoil buck and how it runs in a Stoeger or Franchi Affinity.

Also, looking for the best prices on them if someone knows a good spot.

Fiocchi low recoil slugs won't reliably run in Stoeger m3000/m3k. Two different guns were tried. One tried them during a match because he forgot to bring his, lol.

At least the 1oz slugs. 7/8 are faster but still might not work.

No idea about if the buck will work or not.

Everything runs great in my JM.

Fiocchi low recoil slugs won't reliably run in Stoeger m3000/m3k. Two different guns were tried. One tried them during a match because he forgot to bring his, lol.

The 7/8's run 100% in my M3K.

Edited by MedicAJ

I had been 100% satisfied with Fiocchi Low-Recoil slugs until last weekend's match where I had one squib on me. Lots of strange colored smoke rolling from the loading port, a scorched hull and about 10 minutes whittling a shotgun squib rod from a section of target stick has me only about 99.2% satisfied now. Luckily, the RO stopped me from loading more and continuing. If anyone is looking to try some out, there is the remainder of a box of them in a garbage can in Central Oregon. The bases on a couple of them looked discolored in spots, like they had been exposed to something corrosive. It's never dull on the clock in 3-Gun, that's for sure.

I had been 100% satisfied with Fiocchi Low-Recoil slugs until last weekend's match where I had one squib on me. Lots of strange colored smoke rolling from the loading port, a scorched hull and about 10 minutes whittling a shotgun squib rod from a section of target stick has me only about 99.2% satisfied now. Luckily, the RO stopped me from loading more and continuing. If anyone is looking to try some out, there is the remainder of a box of them in a garbage can in Central Oregon. The bases on a couple of them looked discolored in spots, like they had been exposed to something corrosive. It's never dull on the clock in 3-Gun, that's for sure.

I had some get rained on once and then squib later when shot. Luckily it was off the clock when they squibbed and my wife noticed the slug poking out the end of my barrel. I still use the Fiocchi 7/8 slugs but I never use ones that show any corrosion.

Doug

I just started using the 7/8oz Fiocchis in my Versamax. I like them so much I bought 400 of them!

Where did you get them?

I see your local, if you want, drop by Sharpshooters and I'll bring you a box if you want to try them. I can also check and see if my distributor still has them if you want to get some.

Tim Bacus

The 7/8's run 100% in my M3K.

Have you done any performance mods to your M3K to run low velocity slug/shot?

I just started using the 7/8oz Fiocchis in my Versamax. I like them so much I bought 400 of them!

Where did you get them?

I see your local, if you want, drop by Sharpshooters and I'll bring you a box if you want to try them. I can also check and see if my distributor still has them if you want to get some.

Tim Bacus

I've shot with you at Quantico (Steel Challenge) and Black Creek (back when they had 3-gun). I'll swing by next week. Is it okay to shoot them at the range there?

Have you done any performance mods to your M3K to run low velocity slug/shot?

Nope, just opened the loading port and added a Nordic +9. It was sluggish at first with low-recoil stuff but after running about 150rds of 3.25dr loads and making sure that the mag tube is well-lubed, it runs great.

Where did you get them?

Tim Bacus

I've shot with you at Quantico (Steel Challenge) and Black Creek (back when they had 3-gun). I'll swing by next week. Is it okay to shoot them at the range there?

Slugs are fine on the range. I'm in Mon, Tue, Thur & Fri evenings.

I loved how the 1oz X-treme copper plated slugs shot out of my M2.

But I can't find them any longer.

Have they stopped making them? They were awesome.

X-Treme-Bullets-Shotgun-Slugs-red_zpsjkc

Edited by rr4406pak

I loved how the 1oz X-treme copper plated slugs shot out of my M2.

But I can't find them any longer.

Have they stopped making them? They were awesome.

X-Treme-Bullets-Shotgun-Slugs-red_zpsjkc

I've shot both the green (plain) and red (copper plated), both laser accurate. Freedom still lists the green slugs but out of stock all the time and now dropped the red. Wish they would bring them back. I have some Fiocchi's they shoot fine but the Freedom Munitions are even more accurate.

The 7/8oz ones are all I've ran through my Stoeger and never had an issue, but it is an MOA build. They've run fine in my 11/87 before that.