Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

guns of 2013 revo national

fishhunter3

My back up Gun is a 4" M29 cut for Moon Clips and using .44 Russian cases.

Works great, very accurate and I like shooting it, but the Moon Clips are a lot more expensive and I only have 48 of them.

And they bend easier when stepped on!

I am shooting my Frankengun. It is a 625 that S&W told me was ruined because the pivot pin hole was egged out, and they would not fix it. I then had it welded up and recut and added a Ti cylinder to it along with a taylor throated 25-2 barrel. It was Carmonized and ready to roll.....

Not bad for a junk gun.....LOL

DougC

686 in 38 super, shooting minor as long as it is running. If it goes down I have a stock 627 but then I would need to count. ;p

I'll be using my Ruger Alaskan (.454/.45) loaded with .45 Colt ammunition. As normal for me I am using speedloaders (SL Variant) and sending 250gr LRNFP bullets downrange. I'll of course be making major power factor as always with my .45 Colt reloads.

I own a 625, but never really enjoyed it as much as the Alaskan. In fact I have never even used the 625 in competition.

I'll be using my Ruger Alaskan (.454/.45) loaded with .45 Colt ammunition. As normal for me I am using speedloaders (SL Variant) and sending 250gr LRNFP bullets downrange. I'll of course be making major power factor as always with my .45 Colt reloads.

With 250gr bullets, if you didn't make major the bullet might not make it out of the barrel! :bow:

With 250gr bullets, if you didn't make major the bullet might not make it out of the barrel! :bow:

The 2.5" barrel has been the biggest challenge to making major. The Hodgdon reloading manual uses a 7.25" barrel for their .45 Colt loads, so I had to work up the load (within the manuals load parameters) to compensate for that. I use 90 to 94 percent (depending on the particular load) of the max powder load of titegroup so that I can make major consistently.

Edited by Blueridge

I didn't even think about how short the barrel was on the Alaskan, Blueridge. .45Colt isn't exactly optimized for a short barrel (heck, when the cartridge was invented... 5" was probably considered a short barrel). I'm sure it's pretty spectacular shooting it in low light. :surprise:

I didn't even think about how short the barrel was on the Alaskan, Blueridge. .45Colt isn't exactly optimized for a short barrel (heck, when the cartridge was invented... 5" was probably considered a short barrel). I'm sure it's pretty spectacular shooting it in low light. :surprise:

I have heard from others that the "fireball" is pretty interesting to see. I don't notice one when I am shooting. I have not recently fired it indoors or in low light, so I don't recall what the flash looks like with my current load. :lol:

One thing for sure is that I have never been accused of being a gamer. :D

Edited by Blueridge