Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson or Arredondo +5 basepads G35?

G34 CORDY

Have both and they are both comparable also take a look at the taran tactical ones as well. The round count, ease of use are the same and they are both quality extentions and i get the same capacity with either. If you want tooless go dawson or taran if you dont mind a tool the arradondo works also. I would go with ever one i could find in stock now

On Dawson's website they say you might have to trim the followers to get full capacity anyone have to do that or have they worked out without modification.

Not really a trim but more like a bevel. Just take the angle off. Not the height. They recommend doing it when installing them. I did mine and it was an easy couple seconds with a file for each one.

I say Arredondos. Just because they are easier to take apart in the field. You do need the tool, but each extension comes with one. If you drop your mags in the mud or dirt on a reload they are super easy to take apart to clean. Taylor freelance brass ones are really nice to due to the added weight, but are a pain to take apart. I have a taylor brass as my 1st mag, and the rest are all Arredondos.

I have a TF as a big stick for my Open gun, but wouldn't run them in Limited. Dawson or TTI for sure. I have always used Dawson and got one TTI recently to see if I could get 20 reloadable and can't.

I have a TF as a big stick for my Open gun, but wouldn't run them in Limited. Dawson or TTI for sure. I have always used Dawson and got one TTI recently to see if I could get 20 reloadable and can't.

I'm getting 21 reloadable with my G22 and Arredondo extensions. Used them for about 3 months and noticed by mistake that I could do 21 reloadable.

What # followers do you have?

Are you sure they fit the mag gauge? 21 reloadable is crazy talk!! I don;t even care if it was 21 non-reloadable. Being able to start with 21+1 would be great.

I'm getting 21 reloadable with my G22 and Arredondo extensions. Used them for about 3 months and noticed by mistake that I could do 21 reloadable.

Wow!

x2... what follower?

What # followers do you have?

Are you sure they fit the mag gauge? 21 reloadable is crazy talk!! I don;t even care if it was 21 non-reloadable. Being able to start with 21+1 would be great.

#5 follower on my mags with the Arredondo extensions. And yes I checked them on a mag gauge, they did fit. Really have to slam them home to getthem to seat with 21.

My mag with the Taylor extension only gets 20.

Taran just got some TTIs to me for my M&P and I also played with the Glock basepads from TTI for the Team Noveske guys. No question they are great and what I would suggest. I have had all 4 brands and next time I need pads, TTI bases are what I am getting.

I'd really like to see a reliable 21 round .40 mag at legal 140mm length...unless you are missing a finger or toe during counting, I think it is unlikely.

Even 20 reloadable is better than what I have now. I just ordered a few #5 followers.

I discovered it by mistake one day while shooting. I was reloading after a stage and wasn't counting how many I put back in. I just loaded it till it was full. When I got done shooting that day I did count and noticed I had 21 in 2 of my mags. They had to be broken in first, but will work fine with 21. I run them with 20 anyways, just so I don't run into issues later. I mainly run them with 21+1 on stages that have 22 rounds were I can run dry.

Edited by Tuflehundon

I have TTI and like them a lot. I have some Arredondo extensions coming. I have tried Dawson and they are ok but they are a pain to take apart once they get dirty as the grit finds its way into the slide channel (got to love GA red clay). Right now of course I will use anything I can find in stock or get a decent deal on.

I'd really like to see a range video...load 21 in a mag, use a top off mag, seat and shoot that 21+1.

I have videos that show me shooting with 21+1, but I don't show the mags or state that I have that much ammo. I guess you could count the rounds I shoot. Next time I shoot I'll see about getting a video.

21+1, that is like hitting to LOTTO!!!!! I have 5 Dawson's and can only get 19 reloadable and I have 1 Arredondo and she is 20 reloadable. When I am shooting Limited I use the Arrendondo for my #1 mag so I will have 20+1, when I am shooting my Open it is my #2 mag and my #1 mag is a Taylor BIG stick and I get 24+1 with her. I can stuff 20 in the mag in my Dawson's but can't shoot it that full.

Having a few Taylor Freelance, TTI's, Dawsons and Arredondos

I look at it this way, The one's do I not worry about throwing in to the dirt, having the RO, Score Keeper and the rest of the squad trod upon them after my stunningly mediocre run? (I'm leaving 2-3 mags in the dirt per run)

Arredondo's . . . . there inexpensive, take abuse very well and don't seem to mind the dirt, dust, gravel and mud.

Just my opinion.