Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold Price Increase?

Trident

I like them too. But im not going to pay that much. I switched to Rainier and I have been more than satisfied with them. Accurate and much easier to make major than the MG. No looking back.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey allan, is is easier to get the raniers???? have you used the 9's yet??

I like them too. But im not going to pay that much. I switched to Rainier and I have been more than satisfied with them. Accurate and much easier to make major than the MG. No looking back.

Quick question for anyone who has received a shipment from Montana Gold since February: did they ship UPS or US Postal Service? They were shipping in USPS Flat Rate boxes, I wondered if they have switched to UPS. Just curious.

Thanks,

Chris

Quick question for anyone who has received a shipment from Montana Gold since February: did they ship UPS or US Postal Service? They were shipping in USPS Flat Rate boxes, I wondered if they have switched to UPS. Just curious.

Thanks,

Chris

I ordered a box of 9MM 115JHP on wednesday and received a USPS tracking number from them on friday.

Anyone know if MG only produces one bullet style at a time, or several? Just curious. BTW, you guys need to stop buying bullets. :roflol:

I'm sure the price increase is due to supply/demand. They've been sold out for a while now so I guess they figured why not increase the prices as well...lame.

Edited by polizei1

hey allan, is is easier to get the raniers???? have you used the 9's yet??

Oh yea, 9mm are great. More of the same very accurate and easy to make power (minor is cake) and easy to find too.

Edited by a matt

I have heard of folks having issues with plated bullets. Have you tried Rainier. 1400 fps, dead nuts accurate from an open SV 38sc. For two year 25,000 rounds major tru my cameron's. Not one issue. I'm not saying Montana are not great. But Rainiers are not just an average plated bullet. They work. In open Glocks too, in 9mm major. We all have different experiences with different bullets. I went tru a lot of bullets and I did shoot MG for a while but they were to slow for me. Then I played with a Rainiers and I have been shooting them for 2 years. Good luck.

Edited by a matt

I have heard of folks having issues with plated bullets. Have you tried Rainier. 1400 fps, dead nuts accurate from an open SV 38sc. For two year 25,000 rounds major tru my cameron's. Not one issue. I'm not saying Montana are not great. But Rainiers are not just an average plated bullet. They work. In open Glocks too, in 9mm major. We all have different experiences with different bullets. I went tru a lot of bullets and I did shoot MG for a while but they were to slow for me. Then I played with a Rainiers and I have been shooting them for 2 years. Good luck.

Alan,

Your statements of accuracy and loadability are very intriguing.

Where can I get them ?

I will agree that the Rainer bullets today are much better than 10 years ago. In my testing the .45 230 Rainer rn shoots about a 2 in larger group than the Xtreme bullet of the same size. This was tested in December.

I have tested all of the plated bullets, including the xtreme HPs and the others in minor loads. They all shoot well out to 25 yds, then the accuracy falls off, period.

I have not, and will not load a plated bullet for 9mm Major. There is too much room for error, and the jacketed hollowpoints shoot better at distance than a soft core plated bullet. I even tried the Frontiers, which have a hardcast lead core. They don't stabilize as well past 25 yds.

I have some pretty picky customers, including myself.

The plated bullets in 9mm don't shoot as well as the fmj and jhp offerings by the manufacturers.

I don't want new shooters to get the wrong idea....they work fine for range drills and practice out to a certain distance.

This is an area that you get what you pay for. For minor PF shooters that are not using a compensator on their gun they might be better off with a lead hardcast bullet for long distance accuracy.

Some people may not like their sacred cow gored, but it is what it is.

RIght now, find what you can get and shoot it, but plated from any manufacturer is not the same quality as the jacketed bullets, period. I can only draw upon my last twenty years of reloading and competing to make that statement......I am not the end all expert, far from it. I am learning everyday. But so far, that is my opinion.... :ph34r:

Regards,

DougC