Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold Price Increase?

Trident

Who said plated were better than FMJ? I was simply giving an option to the increase of MG, and Rainiers work great for more that range shooting. They have great in uspsa. Thanks

Edited by a matt

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midway, Cabela's, Natches, BlackHillAmmo and Dillon. Midway and Cabela's are easier and best if you call. IMO

I'm not seeing the savings.

Midway has the 115gr HP bullets @ $ 99 / K plus shipping. 4K would be $396 plus shipping. MGB has their 115gr JHP @ $ 380 shipped.

I can tell you guys having been to Montana Gold factory in Kalispell, MT many times that Norm is the first one there 5 or 6 am and the last one to leave 5 or 6 pm every day. Norm and Jolean are great people and make a good living working thier butts off day in and day out but are far from rich. It's a pretty rare prize table that you couldn't find something from Montana Gold...oh and their bullets are the best. My point is that any price increase is probably to cover increased costs.

I am staying with MG... Yes, I liked the old prices, but even at new level their product is a bargain, by the way it works, feels and yes - looks.

PD is just a tad less expensive, but I suspect their prices will move up too. Is there a point at which I will be forced to say "Sorry, MG, it was nice knowing you!"? Possibly... but not just yet.

Yea, I'm sticking with them too. At least the price is paid shipped to your door without sales tax. When congress decides to start doing that online federal sales tax, then I'll probably start shopping around for other options.

I see where at least some of you have been successful in ordering from Montana Gold. Their website has been down for maintenance for quite awhile and I haven't been able to get through telephonically. They must be absolutely overwhelmed. Would I have better luck faxing an order?

Supply and demand. We demand their product in record numbers, so they keep raising the price. When they start having to compete with ANYONE that actually has product in stock maybe they'll give a damn.

Blame Obama, they probably had to pay for healthcare for their employees, so now we have to pay for it with each FMJ.

Yeah, the site crashed for me too. It was okay before the weekend, that's how I got my pricing for the two cases I am selling.

Thread drift ahead... Powder coated cast boolits are coming, eventually. A guy over at the cast boolits forum says he is pushing a 170 grain powder coated gas checked boolit at 2,400 fps out of his 16 inch barreled AR10.

I don't know how fast you could push a jacketed 170 grainer out of a 16 inch barrel, but 2,400 fps for a homemade bullet sounds pretty good to me.