Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun Championship

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rent a condo or any house on the lake. We did that last year. Had 8 people in a Multi million dollar home over looking the lake for about $150/person for the 4 nights we were there. Awesome view and all the amenities of home.

Rent a condo or any house on the lake. We did that last year. Had 8 people in a Multi million dollar home over looking the lake for about $150/person for the 4 nights we were there. Awesome view and all the amenities of home.

This! Bring your wife as well. There's a huge outlet mall and lots of resort stuff to do.

Jesse / Tyler,

Match hotel is <$80 / night. $150 would be double cost. Wife is coming along and wants the privacy of her own room anyway, and that's even more cost. Never been out to this match, so... match hotel might be best option for us.

Looks like everyone we are shooting with already has other accommidations. Talked to Greg earlier. He and Carrie are rooming with Chad / Katie already. I didn't want the fouton option at their place.... LOL, so, we went with the hotel.

No worries. After I've attended this match once, I'll be able to plan better the next go around...

BTW: anyone seen stages yet? How about official squadding posts?

We stayed at the inn on grand glaze In 2012. A hot water pipe broke in the room above us and it flooded my room and my buddy's room next door at about 3:00am. They have us another room. All my stuff was spared but my buddy's brand new $400 iPhone was soaked in water while sitting on the nightstand. They refused to buy him a new phone. I wouldn't stay there again if it was the last place in town.

:surprise: I hope he sued them.

Jesse / Tyler,

Match hotel is <$80 / night. $150 would be double cost. Wife is coming along and wants the privacy of her own room anyway, and that's even more cost. Never been out to this match, so... match hotel might be best option for us.

Looks like everyone we are shooting with already has other accommidations. Talked to Greg earlier. He and Carrie are rooming with Chad / Katie already. I didn't want the fouton option at their place.... LOL, so, we went with the hotel.

No worries. After I've attended this match once, I'll be able to plan better the next go around...

BTW: anyone seen stages yet? How about official squadding posts?

We paid $150 per person for 4 nights. And we slept in a house that had furnishings from this decade not the 1980's. seriously check into it.

We paid $150 per person for 4 nights. And we slept in a house that had furnishings from this decade not the 1980's. seriously check into it.

Just sunk in... that was total not per night.

Roger that, will start looking around. Guess I'll use the address of the hotel as a place to start looking from... unless anyone has an address of the range to start from.

Cheers,

We did the same last year. It's the weekend after Labor Day so the rates usually drop off some.

We did the same thing, there were 10 of us though so we split two condos at the Ledges resort i believe that's what it was called...it worked out to about $35 per person a night, all in, or something like that...less than the Inn at Grand Glazie and much, much nicer...I had to keep several people from the boat keys and liquor stored in the owners cabinets...wait, that might have been me going after those items... :goof:

We did the same thing, there were 10 of us though so we split two condos at the Ledges resort i believe that's what it was called...it worked out to about $35 per person a night, all in, or something like that...less than the Inn at Grand Glazie and much, much nicer...I had to keep several people from the boat keys and liquor stored in the owners cabinets...wait, that might have been me going after those items... :goof:

I didn't know there were boat keys! Probably for the best though...

Just sunk in... that was total not per night.

Roger that, will start looking around. Guess I'll use the address of the hotel as a place to start looking from... unless anyone has an address of the range to start from.

Cheers,

Here is a good place to start, there are lots of people that have vacation homes on that lake that rent them out through brokers and realtors when they're not using them, some very nice...

http://www.homeaway.com/search/missouri/region:1130/keywords:Osage+Beach+Missouri/arrival:2013-09-05/departure:2013-09-08

I didn't know there were boat keys! Probably for the best though...

Yeah, we figured it was better if hid that from you all...:-)

Word on the street is there may be some issues with this match... anyone close to the match director able to get them to post here and let us know what is going on? Many of us have paid and at this point are wondering about accomidations, special ammo requirements, round counts... however, if there is a risk the event is not happening, I would rather know now and cut my losses.

My check never cleared, no email confirmation and radio silence doesn't feel encouraging.

If there are problems I'm sure those of us with vacation scheduled that may need to adjust things at work this close would be very appreciative of some updates.

Good, bad or otherwise some communication is needed.

I have shot Ozarks the past 3 years and I love the area, range, the RO staff, the match hotel, the stages and the group of shooters that come out.

That being said....WTF? I hate seeing the issues that seem plague this match be the demise of all the above.