Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 SMM 3-Gun

I am definately going this year. For these fly-away 3-Gun matches, how do you lug all your stuff around at the range? Do you have a cart (that you can fit on the plane) or do you carry around 2 long gun cases plus your pistol/ammo bag?

Davidwiz

Three of us flew to SMM for the first time this year. What worked for me was to just carry the two long guns in the "approved airlines gun case" and a decent gun bag with a shoulder strap for the rest of the stuff. It wasn't a problem, really.

Have another gear bag in the rental car for extras like cleaning supplies, knee/elbow pads, whatever you think you'll need.

Funny thing about flying to 3-gun matches is that all my personal stufff like socks, undies, shirts, etc takes up only about 10% of my total luggage.

On the main page http://www.smm3g.com/

Welcome to the 2005 Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun web site. 

This is the largest 3 gun match in the world!  We are anticipating 275 competitors this year and with inquiries that we have already had, we know the match will fill up FAST!  Get your application in early but remember, no application will be accepted if it is postmarked prior to December 1st, 2004.  Match applications will be accepted on a first come first serve bases.