Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finished Match Limited .40

gerritm

Just got my Match/Limited major .40 back from Rich at Canyon Creek . He did a great job. It is his magwell on my Match lower with Henning's flat trigger system and smooth grips.Rich lightened the slide. The upper Limited slide assembly is also from Hennning with all of his parts. The trigger pulls at about 3#. Very smooth and crisp.It is coated in nickel boron and looks great.

I found a good load to make major P.F. and shot it last week in a small local USPSA match. Not a single problem. It shot soft. accurate, and smooth.

Anyone have an idea for a good speed holster for the round trigger guard. I can only find ones listed for the square guard. I am using a Bladetech DOH now.

gerritm

post-23808-0-95728300-1361973929_thumb.j

post-23808-0-91872200-1361974005_thumb.j

Edited by gerritm

Just got my Match/Limited major .40 back from Rich at Canyon Creek . He did a great job. It is his magwell on my Match lower with Henning's flat trigger system and smooth grips.Rich lightened the slide. The upper Limited slide assembly is also from Hennning with all of his parts. The trigger pulls at about 3#. Very smooth and crisp.It is coated in nickel boron and looks great.

I found a good load to make major P.F. and shot it last week in a small local USPSA match. Not a single problem. It shot soft. accurate, and smooth.

Anyone have an idea for a good speed holster for the round trigger guard. I can only find ones listed for the square guard. I am using a Bladetech DOH now.

gerritm

Great looking piece, where did you score that frame without rails?

As for holster, I researched race holster fo match a lot. No good solutions. I keep using bladetech now even for limited, very happy with it.

I have essentially the same gun and use the Safariland 014. With the tension knob screwed all the way in the gun isn't going anywhere. With the tension knob screwed all the way out the gun has alot of side to side play but, like all race holsters, I don't think it's falling out unless you pull UP. I probably wouldn't run around with the tension knob not tight. I did have to adjust it to its shortest position and I had to place some small flat washers behind the part that goes up into the end of the barrel. It's not perfect but it works. Gun pops right up out of it on a draw with no drag at all.

I will find out what spring is in it. Henning built the upper for one of his comp guns. I bought it complete from him, didn't change anything. I like the Bladetech and have used it for years, problem is a couple of the ranges we shoot at get pretty windy and dusty and the holster gets filled with sand. Tends to scratch the finish. Plus I had a Tanfo open gun and really liked the CR speed holster. Will the WSMIII work with the rounded trigger guard? I will check out the Safariland holster, too.

I bought the Match a couple of years ago for a backup to my 9mm Limited Pro and never really shot it. My Limited Pro has been awesome. It has been my go to for 3-gun and USPSA. No reliability issues what so ever with many rounds thru it. Bought it from a dealer on Gunbroker and was surprised when it came without the rail. Glad it did. I sold the original 9mm upper to another BE Tanfo guy and figured it would be a great platform to start with. Problem now is I realize how much I need to get my Limited Pro sent in to have the same trigger and work done. It is getting a bit sloppy. Just don't want to part with it.

gerritm

If the upper is from Henning, it's probably one of his 10.75 lb springs that he makes. Just curious, my slide is "holy" as well, am currently using his 10.75 right now.

thanks

I think that is what is in there. All I know it works.

gerritm