Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a Rear Sight on my M2

bobby hated

yeah so i cant hit a slug for **** with just the front sight during a match. lining up the front sight and leveling the rib just isnt working for me. i need a rear sight. my front sight is a Hi Viz.

what are my options for installing a rear sight? who makes good ones? does hi viz make one? which is best AND WHY?

is it as simple as drilling it into the back of the receiver? do i need to take it to ayone special to do it? is there anything i need to know to make sure it gets installed correctly?

yes i know abot filing a notch in the back of the rib. i think id rather have a rear sight that i can actually line up 3 dots like a pistol sight.

thanks

I know a lot of guys get the 10/22 rear flip sight and have that installed. They can flip it down when shooting shot and then up to shoot slugs. I have an XS rear sight that is dovetailed into one of my SGs and I like that the best. Both of these are usually installed by a gunsmith, but can be done by you depending on your mechanical inclination and tools available.

I did try one of the HI-Viz rear sights that came with the front sight I got but I didn't like it. It was too bulky and cumbersome to me and felt a little flimsy however it did on and off easily. I would go with one of the aforementioned solutions.

Mike at Accurate Iron installed an XS rear sight and a dawson pistol front sight on the front on my M2. Slug targets are no problem for that setup.

Is that the set up pictured above?

No, but it is very similar to the pictures above.

thanks pat. if i was gonna send it out id send it back to mike cause he built it, but i dont want to pay for shipping.

i got a 10/22 sight in the mail and if the dove tail cut is made into the rib behind where it dips down in the back its actually at a perfect height to have some range of adjustment on the sight flipped up, and it be out of the way when its flipped down.

im still waiting for another sight in the mail, but the 10/22 option seems like its gonna work for me. i'll give an update with pics when i get whatever option im going with figured out.

That is a XS rear. I cut the notch in as I like a more defined sight picture.

The front is a Caspian pistol.

I no longer gunsmith for hire. Just a do a few job for local friends and family.

Pat, how did you cut that notch out of the XS sight and is that a S, M, or L sight?

https://skydrive.liv...80928BD105C!571

Sights on my 21" barrel M2. The other is identical except on a 26" barrel.

I like the pistol FO on Patrick's gun. But I have severe ADHD and really need a big bright attention getting front

sight to keep my focus. The front sight on now is actually a bit smaller than the one I used to run. But this one works

perfect for zero with slugs.

Craig

Edited by spd522

https://skydrive.liv...80928BD105C!571

Sights on my 21" barrel M2. The other is identical except on a 26" barrel.

I like the pistol FO on Patrick's gun. But I have severe ADHD and really need a big bright attention getting front

sight to keep my focus. The front sight on now is actually a bit smaller than the one I used to run. But this one works

perfect for zero with slugs.

Craig

Thanks, but that link wasn't working for me.