Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

teenagers

sroe3

Now don't get me wrong, I love my kids. Sometimes the way teenagers procrastinate and then blame other people for their problems drives me nuts. My daughter spent the weekend goofing with her friends. No big deal right? Sunday night at 9 pm she needs to do laundry. Sorry, Mom's got clothes in right now. She ends up late for school Monday because her clothes aren't dry. Obviously Mom's fault. Now, Monday night, she's up nearly all night working on a project, due Tuesday. It's not her fault, she didn't know it was due Tuesday until Monday. She's only had 10 days to do it. I guess sometimes they have to learn the hard way. Meanwhile, I've got to deal with a tired, bitchy teenager.

I told my father once that until I was 12-13, he was the smartest man I knew. Then without explainantion, he lost his mind. For almost 8 years I could barely listen to the brain dead crap he seemed to babble.

Fortunately at about 21, when I really needed to talk, he suddenly began to make sense.

I told my father once that until I was 12-13, he was the smartest man I knew. Then without explainantion, he lost his mind. For almost 8 years I could barely listen to the brain dead crap he seemed to babble.

Fortunately at about 21, when I really needed to talk, he suddenly began to make sense.

A friend of mine tells a similar story. He old me that when he was 16, he thought his Daddy was the stupidest man alive, he couldn't believe he had gotten to where he was in life and be that stupid. My friend graduated school, joined the Army, volunteered for Vietnam and served two tours in the 1st Cav. He told me that when he was 21, he couldn't believe how much his Daddy had learned in 5 years.

Hurley

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

Attributed to Mark Twain, but there is doubt that the quote is actually his. In any case, things haven't changed that much. (I'm the father of 2 teenage boys).