Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

you ever have anything stolen out of your bag at a match?

ProGunGuy

I was at a match in Butte, MT way back in the 1980's. Early spring and rather chilly. I had left my new Woolrich jacket in the club house, and when I went to leave it was gone. The club members were flabbergasted that anything like that would happen. There were a number of non-shooters who had come out watch, and I'm sure that is where it went. No shooter I've ever met would do something like that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a match where one shooter was up at the line shooting, and we were all back at the bench BS'ing. The on deck shooter wasn't well liked. He left his ammo box and range bag open. Another shooter reached into his ammo box and said, "It would be so easy to replace one of these with a squib."

:surprise:

"It would be so easy to replace one of these with a squib."

In the lines of this I had a old timer tell me that they use to make a 38 super up with black powder and put in the buddy's ammo. :surprise: Not sure what would happen. Not sure if they were buddy's after either.

Brent

• 1 month later...

So far the only thing I've had taken from me at a match is my dignity....

I have nearly grabbed the wrong bag or put my stuff into the wrong bag at times. All those MidwayUSA bags look alike..! :)

This is why I have lots of patches on my bag.

Shot the IDPA GA State match and set my range bag down with my shooter packet on top of a partially opened range bag. Had 500 match reload 125gr jhp zeros with nickel plated federal casings inside. Went to register, then came back to find about 250 rounds missing. WTF?

Great, something else to keep in the back of my mind. Good thing I like to travel lite. Does anyone make a locking bag? Might be a good business idea.

Get some TSA locks..will usually fit thru the zipper handles

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I had my LULA speed loader taken at the last stage and didn’t realize it was missing until the following week. My new one has my initials engraved into it and is tethered to my bag.

Tom

Last year at the Rocky Mountain 300 I had an ammo can with my G17 mags in it, my friend was supposed to watch it for me when I hit the bathroom........

Got home and had a few mags missing. Not misplaced either, I searched EVERYWHERE. Only think I can think of is someone helped themselves to a few.