Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold 124GR. JHP Back in Stock

renzo808

So excuse another question of mine since I'm still learning the little things about the types of bullets.

I have a stock Glock 34, are the MG 124 JHP good to go for reloads in the stock barrel? It's only the lead and moly (bayou ) bullets I should watch out for right? I should only shoot lead and moly bullets when I get a aftermarket barrel?

Again, this forum has been so helpful in helping get started in reloading.... I'm just confused by some of the reloading components now.

Thanks,

Dan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So excuse another question of mine since I'm still learning the little things about the types of bullets.

I have a stock Glock 34, are the MG 124 JHP good to go for reloads in the stock barrel? It's only the lead and moly (bayou ) bullets I should watch out for right? I should only shoot lead and moly bullets when I get a aftermarket barrel?

Again, this forum has been so helpful in helping get started in reloading.... I'm just confused by some of the reloading components now.

Thanks,

Dan

Yes. The Montana Gold bullets are GTG in a stock Glock barrel.

Love the MG 124 JHPs. I always shoot enclosed base because I shoot indoors too much. I've started using x-treme plated for 40 and 45 and they are great too, but I'll stick with MG for 9.

I think I have tried just about every type and brand of 9mm bullet manufactured. Plated.. lead.. and jacketed. For me it is hands down MG 124g JHP.. No feed issues... sizing is absolutely consistent and they are just darn accurate if I do my job!

I ordered on 1-14-13 a case of 124gr cmj ,received confirmation of order that day, but havent heard a word since.

waiting patiently now ...

I ordered 155 grain .40's in early Jan. when they were on backorder, when i talked to the lady on the phone they told me they were 25 days behind filling orders.

I jumped on the 124's JHP's as soon as they came on the web and ordered a case, so i'm expecting at least a 25 day wait to get shipping info. If i were to guess, they are trying to get caught up on orders before taking any more. Thats just my speculation though.