Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Louisiana Gator Classic!

Just got the e-mail confirming my entry. This will be my fourth Gator, and each one was well run, well officiated, and the prize boxes were almost most equal to, if not exceeding the value of the entry fee.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Official The Louisiana Gator Classic is full!!! You can still get on the waiting list. Stephanie will send you an email informing you of your spot on the waiting list.

Where did I say anything about them pocketing the money?

Jeff - Ask Bo about The Cowtown Classic last weekend I believe the comment that was made was "The GOLD STANDARD of all matches"

I just don't see the reasoning for the increase - if you can charge $145-150 and fill up in 7 days what extra do the competitors get for the extra $25-30? Or is it just "we filled up fast last year - lets charge more this year"?

Last year was an AREA match for $165 - the same Area match this year is $150. What changed from Area 4 last year to LA Gator this year for the more money? RO's still pay to work, Jr's still pay with the possibility of being reimbursed, there is still only lunch served free on 1 day. Again - I'm not the only one with this opinion - just the only one voicing it on here.

http://www.msgunowners.com/t41174-louisiana-gator-apps <-- feel free to see for yourself

I can address a couple of those questions. Last year was indeed an Area match, and the fee was $165. That match was required to be a level III match, which in turn requires a slightly higher activity fee be paid to USPSA. There were some Area 4 match funds left from 2011, (before I was area director), and those were given to the Gator match in the form of a check, for their use to produce the match. Those monies (a little over $900) were used to offset the cost of range fees and USPSA fees, but I'm sure that it wasn't enough to cover all of that. This year, they are still faced with paying the range use fee and level II activity fees, and as you are probably aware, everything else has gone up as well--that means hotel rooms for the staff they need to house, the free jambalaya for competitors, and prizes. The match fee increased by $10 for 2013. I don't believe that's unreasonable, and is certainly not an indication of any nefarious plot on the part of the match organizers. I am confident that any money in excess of covering the expenses and seeding the 2014 match will be placed right back on the prize table, or put to other good use to support the match.

This year's Area 4 match is being held in a different location, with different costs associated with producing the match, hence the $150 entry fee.

I really don't get why a $10 increase caused any comment at all--the Gator match is always a class act, with a superb prize table, and people that run it professionally. To insinuate that something is wrong with this is indeed pot-stirring, especially if you won't be attending. It's obviously not a problem for the competitors who filled the match in just under 4 days.

• 3 months later...

Somebody just got a slot. I cancelled this weekend. I'm here tonight laying in a hospital, had hip surgery today after a back surgery 3 weeks ago. Had the top of the femur reworked, the socket deepened, and torn labrum tissue repaired. Hip and thigh brace along with crutches and PT for a month, no weight on the right leg at all for a month. 2-3 months of more PT after that. I'm actually happy in a weird way because I've had trouble with severe back pain for years now and somebody finally figured out what the root cause of the problem was after the hip started to seize after the back surgery.

Good luck to all and enjoy yourselves, whoever got my slot in the last 3 days you'd better win! :D

I'd love to know who it is!

guys i am vending the match again this year. contact me if you are needing something preordered. I will have a limited supply of powder and primers.

ADMINS IF THIS IS ILLEGAL LET ME KNOW AND I WILL DELETE.

JAMES LOUQUE

LOUQUES FIREARMS LLC.

225-206-1908

Oh man, I forgot to book a room, and the Hampton in Thibideaux is booked... Anyone have any recommendations, this is my first Gator match and I have no idea where anything is.

Try the Days Inn, which is right next door to the Hampton. I just booked my room there last week.

Days Inn

158 Glenwild Dr.

Thibodaux, LA 70302

Phone 985-446-1933

Here it is the 2013 Gator Gun!!!

Thanks to Shay at Akai Custom Guns for building it and donating the rest of the goodies inside. Thanks to STI for the frame slide and barrel. post-17174-138091406394_thumb.jpg

Tight Groups

Kevin

They annnounced earlier this week that the match was sanctioned. Also all sponsors for match are now up on homepage of website, www.lagator.org

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2