Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

its finally over

Harmon

Here is the official good news from the BATFE:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/091304openletter.htm

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/saw-faqs.htm

Let's all celebrate by sending more letters to our legislators. We need keep reminding them that we are glad to see this bad law gone and they we don't want anything even remotely similar on the books ever again.

It is going to be nice to see the folks who gave us the expiring legislation squirm at midnight tonight with the knife they put in our backs now being shoved in theirs!

We better get ready for the next round though. I am concerned they will have learned how to make the next restrictive legislation even more onerous and probably permanent. We need to keep on top of them and what they are doing!!

Death to Tyrants!

Go try to find the documents you linked to. They are gone!

In addition, they have issued some type of stealth ruling on the LE marked magazines. There is NO such ruling listed on the website, yet DPMS claims that ATF has indeed issued such a ruling.

I will be happy to host PDF copies of the document if someone will email them to me. I won't be able to put them up until tonight, but at least we'll have them.

Rhino will be sending me the documents and I will have them up sometime this evening. No guarantees on time.

I just placed a call to ATF. They can't find the documents either. They are going to call me back. I'm rather fearful that I just committed a felony, so I don't know what the hell is going to happen. I want to comply with Federal laws, because that's part of being a responsible citizen. I have no clue how to do that if nobody knows what they are and there's no way to find out.

:angry:

Go try to find the documents you linked to. They are gone!

In addition, they have issued some type of stealth ruling on the LE marked magazines. There is NO such ruling listed on the website, yet DPMS claims that ATF has indeed issued such a ruling.

I will be happy to host PDF copies of the document if someone will email them to me. I won't be able to put them up until tonight, but at least we'll have them.

Such a ruling would be in preparation for a reinstatement of the ban at a future time. If the government accepts the premise that a marked "LEO-ONLY" mag is legal just because the law says it is, then it means these would remain legal under any future law which grandfathers all previously legal magazines ... thus having two "LEO ONLY" nomenclatures in the future - one which means something and one which does not.

Is there any chance that the 404 errors are being caused by the web site being overwhelmed by people trying to view the docs all at the same time?

The FAQ seems to be there about every third or fourth time I try to go there, then the other times I get the 404 error.

So maybe it's a traffic issue and not something nefarious?

Miraculously, the letters are back up:

Q: Are SAWs and LCAFDs marked “Restricted law enforcement/government use only” or “For export only” legal to sell to civilians in the United States?

A: Yes. SAWs and LCAFDs are no longer prohibited. Therefore firearms with the restrictive markings are legal to transfer to civilians in the United States and it will be legal for non-prohibited civilians to possess them. All civilians may possess LCAFDs.

What I heard from DPMS still concerns me, however. It really sounds like somebody is making their own rules up as they go along.

I don't think the missing files were a high-usage issue. They weren't searchable from the rest of the site either.

Well I just bought 8 mags marked "Restricted LE/GOVT Only." Our local Glock armorer opens at 7:30am and I was at his doorstep shortly thereafter. I don't think he is going to let anyone else buy more than two at a time but he let me slide because his counter girl had already told me I could buy eight of them.

-ld

Yet another online poll: "Is America safer WITH a new assault weapons ban?"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5946127/

17,000 votes so far & its running 50/50. Take a look.

On another note, Taurus USA just posted a chart showing the "old" 10 round capacity of their guns vs. the current, BATFE approved capacity in this handy chart: (way to go Taurus!)

http://taurususa.com/mags/index.html

i can cut, grind and weld those de-nutted clinton magazines and get them up to full capacity!! i really just want 10-15 really reliable 30 round mags for my mini 14. those triple K mags were Straight CRAP!!

thank god its over, im gonna go shoot!