Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI Basepads

partyboy424

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question about the TTI base pads. Do you use the butt plate catch plate or just let the spring rest into the bottom of the base pad?

Thanks

Nick

Hey Nick, the spring just sits in the base pad. Catch plates aren't used. That goes for the TTIs and TF.

Quick question about the TTI base pads. Do you use the butt plate catch plate or just let the spring rest into the bottom of the base pad?

Thanks

Nick

Hey Nick, the spring just sits in the base pad. Catch plates aren't used. That goes for the TTIs and TF.

Thanks Mike!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in more info on the follower mod as well. I have a couple of the TTI basepads and the followers feel like they hang up after the 19th round (9mm mags) but if I push and fiddle a little they pop free and I can load the rest of the rounds.

If there's a known good way to do this it would be helpful to know.

For my taylor mag extensions I just took a file and shaved the ends of the follower to a point.... Still I didn't take off much material and when I say point Im just using that as an illustration of the direction I filed. The end is not actually a sharp point if that makes sense Just go slow and you should be fine :blush:

Thanks

Nick

Ive been wondering the same with mine, so thank you for answering the question. Maybe that is why I can only fit 22 rounds and not the 23 that TTI advertises. I will be taking my mags apart tonight!

And yes, (as it has been already answered) they fit with the SSS ESP magwell.

F4LVRPV.jpg

Edited by SpaceFlunky

Trying to copy and paste this from my post on a different site using an iPhone, here goes.

For the 9 and 40's it's not the springs that are bunching up, it's the follower hitting the springs. This happens in the Hi-Caps as well. Take a dremel and cut the followers to the lengths in the below picture and round off all of the edges with sandpaper or a quick hit with the sandpaper tip from the dremel. If you look at the sides of the follower, one side has a little tiny lip where the cut is and the other side makes a flat angle bend. So just cut at those.

post-39161-0-37204600-1366912006_thumb.j

Edited by partyboy424

• 2 weeks later...

With the mag extended into the base pad, how do you remove it?

Are you talking about the springs going into the basepad keeping you from getting it off?

If so, just push down on the follower and jimmy the pad back and forth as you do it. All my pads come off in under a second doing this.

• 1 year later...