Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are all the Tide fans....I figured the first 5 topics would be concerning their win.....it was very impressive.........could't put in what I like as I am not a tide fan but you can't argue with results.

Edited by DrawandDuck

Yet again teams from off-beat conferences listen with open hearts and fist pumping to sportscasters whose job is to build excited hype and hyperbole into an event, and try to make it appear to be a contest. They build their own self-image up, believing they're a 'national level' player, thinking they have played, and are, the best. They listen to pundits who desperately make noisy claims that teams from a certain conference are on the down-swing and have only a last gasp left in them.

And then they run head-on into the large, fast, slobber-knockin' hard-barked men who make up the SEC. Reality hits real hard, and leaves bruises.

True, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. But the littler they are, the longer they lay there.

The SEC still rules!!!

:D

The hardest hit McCarron took was from his center....there for a moment I thought it was going to turn into a scene from the "Replacements".........

Dang Mark, that post is rather deep and a little too eloquent don't you think....I would expect more in the line of "they beat the shit out of those little leprechauns didn't they"....

Not any way shape or form does college football have any type of National Championship. I wish they would quit using the phrase. It is a joke. Two teams elected by vote and backroom deals, and potential for marketing, play eachother. Give me a break.

How do you figure...you disagree that Bama isn't the best team out there? Sounds like somone got a little pee pee in there corn flakes this morning, I am sure you have the answer and plan to make it right but take it else where please..... SEC 7 in a row!!!

But it is true that there really is no "National Champion" within Division 1-A college football. That is scheduled to change in 2014 when they plan to implement a 16 team single elimination playoff schedule.

My NDSU Bison just won their second national championship as a division 1-AA school. I do not know how they would fair against some of the 1-A schools.

Things will get interesting in 2014 though because if they work out the bugs there will be a 1-A champion, 1-AA champion, and then Div II and III champions. Then we can really see who is the best 1-A school.

http://www.ncaa2012.com/

We've seen it several times now. Going undefeated isn't all that hard when you have a weak schedule and get a bye the week of the conference championships. When you have to play in the SEC, you are guaranteed to play really good teams at least half of the season, and will probably face top 10 teams more than once.