Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Indiana State Championship

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank everyone who came out and shot this match. I hope the run and gun stages were enjoyable for everyone. I also want to thank those who sponsored the match. But the hard working and loyal set up, and tear down crew need the most appreciation. They make the match possible in the first place. There was some great shooting done in Riley, Indiana this weekend. Congratulations to all of the winners.

I hope that everyone will keep the injured shooter in their thoughts and prayers. He is scheduled for surgery Monday morning. The toughness he displayed on Saturday afternoon tells me that he will fight through this and be ok.

Once scores are finalized and any corrections made. I will be ordering plaques and they will be either hand delivered if you are local or mailed if you are not.

Great match today. Big thanks to the ROs and range staff for sticking it out in the weather. Thanks to all sponsors and the shooters on squad 23, totally worth the drive from Alaska.

I want to thank everyone who came out and shot this match. I hope the run and gun stages were enjoyable for everyone. I also want to thank those who sponsored the match. But the hard working and loyal set up, and tear down crew need the most appreciation. They make the match possible in the first place. There was some great shooting done in Riley, Indiana this weekend. Congratulations to all of the winners.

I hope that everyone will keep the injured shooter in their thoughts and prayers. He is scheduled for surgery Monday morning. The toughness he displayed on Saturday afternoon tells me that he will fight through this and be ok.

Once scores are finalized and any corrections made. I will be ordering plaques and they will be either hand delivered if you are local or mailed if you are not.

He was indeed a trooper.

Thanks to all that made it. I hope to see you all next year.

http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=320952 link to a some news coverage today. You can see my ugly arse (literally) around the 20 second mark

Edited by downrange72

One of the most fun matches I have ever shot. Thank you Coach and the rest of the staff who really put on a great match!

Run and Gun at it's finest in Indiana. Thanks to all the crew for a fun match. Who would think a July match would be HAULTED due to weather. OK Arron :yawn: I stuck it out with all the lightning. Had a good match, could not keep up Cris Keen and his young legs.

Run and Gun at it's finest in Indiana. Thanks to all the crew for a fun match. Who would think a July match would be HAULTED due to weather. OK Arron :yawn: I stuck it out with all the lightning. Had a good match, could not keep up Cris Keen and his young legs.

I appreciate your weather toughness. :)

Now that scores are final I will be figuring out the plaque situation, and getting them ordered. I will hand deliver the close ones and mail the others. We will be going by the recommendations in the book. Thanks again everyone.

JJ Jones won the XDM raffle gun.

Tom Rapala won the AR-15

Paul Rogers won the staff gun

The division winners won the frames. (Certificates will be in the mail soon)

I shot the match on Sunday and had a good time, the stages were very fun and really made you push yourself to the limit. For the most part I had a decent match except for a mike on the swinger on stage 7 (and well being slow, having to get back in the box cause I couldn't get my big ass to stop)
I had a failure to extract on stage 6......and well Chaney got his ponytail in my way and made me forget a target so the 2 mikes and FTE did not help. Still Managed to pull out 15th overall and 5th master class in limited (there were only 5 in m class n00b.gif)

A very big thank you goes out to all the staff and the set up and tear down crews for the match. I was only there on thursday while the staff shot to set up the competitor prize bags and help some on registration. They were miserable in the heat. I had to work Friday and was not there until after 4:00 and the staff was slowly recovering from the previous days heat, but Friday it was just as hot.
Saturday was a full day for them with 10 squads of average of 12 shooters all day. I worked on stage 4 Saturday, Coach, Tom Palmer and the staff did an excellent job of handling the unfortunate down pouring of rain and lightening that caused some delays. Stage 10 got deleted from the match because of the weather and the handling of the competitor that got injured were done very professional (broken leg). Coach and the staff were able to get thru all that and finish out Saturday the best way possible. With all that the match was only about an 1 1/2 behind the posted schedule and I did not hear anyone complaining, all were still glad that they were able to finish and shoot the match. Many were upset that either they did not get to shoot stage 10 or that it was one of the favorite stages (there were a few that said good, I missed a target there and were good with it getting tossed)
The Staff was back at it for Sunday and ready to finish up the match strong for the Sunday Squads. I know that many were tired from the long 4 days, but they all did an awesome job on Sunday, Indiana Matches have been blessed with some of the best match staff.
Great job!!
By the way for all the people that came up and thanked me and got the "I am not the guy" response, PLEASE......Not all fat white guys in their 40's look the same, that is a stereotype and frankly there is no room for that kind of thing in today's society....get it right, Aron is taller and part chinese, and I am fatter and have more of an alabaster glow about me.

I did not get along of video or pictures so if you have them send them to me

jakemartens@comcast.net

thanks

Thank you Aron, set up crew, RO's who braved the weather, and sponsors for pulling together an excellent match! These stages really made you push it to the limit, I love it. Here are the pictures I took of my squad(23) shooting all day Sunday 2013 RIley USPSA Indiana State Match - a set on Flickr I tried to get everyone but depending on shooting order/stage readiness I may not have gotten as many of some shooters. Feel free to use these photos however you want. Thanks again for an awesome shoot!

ps if there is a photo you really like but the exposure/color is poor let me know because I can easily fix it, I just used the auto correct feature to save time.

Just a heads up to those who were wondering about the injured shooter. I talked to Paul this morning and he had the surgery yesterday. Two plates and 14(?) screws later they put his leg back together. He is resting comfortably but he wants to go home later today as he is getting no sleep in the noisy hospital. He'll be in a cast for 6-8 weeks where he can't put weight on the leg for a while and will start physical therepy as soon as possible. Spiral fracture of the tibia and fibia bones in his lower leg.

Thank you again to those who helped us get him on the backboard to get him to the ATV so we could get him up the hill to the ambulance to go the hospital. Thanks again to Aron Bright for driving with us to the hospital to show us where we were going and not let us get stuck waiting for a train as he knew an alternate route. Paul said that he has been getting calls, emails and contacts via Facebook from many shooters expressing their concern for him which has been nice to see.