Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guga Ribas Backpack/Range Bag

diehli

Hi Guys,

If you need any further information, please let me know, ok?

I discussed with Cullen about the bag, and he gave us nice ideas.

Cullen we are studying your suggestions already. I’ll let you know latter.

I saw someone asking how many round in ammunition compartment. If used only for ammunition, you have space for 400 rounds. If you want to carry a second gun, you can put the second gun down there and 200 rounds, and maybe as I never tried, 2 more 50 rounds box.

Thanks all of you

Guga Ribas

That is a really cool bag!!!!! I just looked though the slide show and I am not sure how anyone would not put it on their wish list. The last slide showed that it even turns into a small table so you can eat lunch out on one of the stages if you want. :D

Hi Guys,

Sorry about the delay to answer.

Jim,

About the camelback, the picture witch is at SSI website was the first one we took of the bag, and the camelback didn't had arrived yet.

I guarantee you that we have only one model with camelback.

The SSI is our exclusive distributor in US. So, I can’t sell it directly.

Cor,

You are right. If you use mags in the back, maybe the bag will touch the mags, but I don’t think will jam with it.

Thanks

Guga Ribas

Ps: sorry once more about my poor english.

I bought one of these backpacks last month, so here is a users report.

I can fit 600 rounds of 9mm, in standard ammo boxes, in the bottom compartment. Perfect for the world shoot :D

Shooting production, I found that teh bag can either rest on the mag pouches/ mags on my backside, or just give it a little shift to slide past them and down lower. I did not find this to be uncomfortable, but then this was only for hikes from range to range.

very sturdy construction, this bag looks like it will take lots of abuse. There is a sort of handle at the top of the back straps, which I can use for carrying the bag if necessary, but at that point the bag is just barely clearing ground level for me, but even slinging it over one shoulder is comfortable.

I'm still playing with the load out and what goes where, but am very happy so far. The little seat is great for keeping the bag off the ground and dry.

ipsc1

• 3 years later...

Anyone still use one of these? I have been trying to set up a medium sized Camelbak backpack for the last two hours and I need ideas on how to make this concept work... Anyone doing the backpack for a gun bag thing? :mellow:

About all I have figured out is using a Dillon Border Shift in the main compartment for ammo storage and a pistol sleeve with 4 mag sleeves in the smaller outside compartment for the pistol and mags when not on my person. The pack has Velcro and attachment points ALL over the exterior but I don't know which way to go from here.

Anyone?

I use the Camelbak Mule. Couple hundred loose rounds and mags in the bottom compartment. Ears, eyes and a snack in the top. Water in the back. Wear the gun. I also have one of the I-shot range rugs that holds the gun and mags before I get to the safety area to holster the gun that stays in the car, but it could ride in the water bladder compartment if needed.

:cheers:

I sometimes use a Jansport Odyssey backpack for matches where there is a lot of walking between the stages. It may be a little on the small size but I like the fact that it has a bunch of compartments so I can separate my gear instead of shoving everything into one and then having to dig around to find what I need. I also like that it has a compartment for hydration bladder for the hot summer matches and external pouches for water bottles. I have a Blackhawk X-4 OpSec on backorder that I plan on trying for matches when it arrives.

Anyone know where you can get one of these things anymore? 2 Alpha in Canada doesn't have them any longer even though they show them on their webstore and Speed Shooters isn't importing them either. Anyone have a line on where I can get one??

I picked up one of the CED backpacks from SSI a month or so ago and thought it would be better than a "regular" bag. After a lot of arranging and rearranging I came to the conclusion that it just doesn't work better than the bag that I already had. Don't get me wrong, the CED is a good bag I just have TOO MUCH JUNK to cram into it!!

• 5 months later...

I use the Maxpedition backpacks. They seem as if they were designed for our sport. super tough and rugged as well.

The Falcon II fits the bill well for a pistol bag. The condor is the step above that and can hold more gear than you need.

I just recently picked up the Malaga and really like the way it carries and the room it has for such a small pack is awesome.

I get all me gear from a local guy here in Georgia who is a full stocking dealer. EMGear

Several local shooters have seen my bag and picked one up for the same. They love them. The Falcon II and Condor are hydration bladder compatible.

The Falcon II also allows comfortable carry with a full pistol belt rig without snagging.

Here is a link to the Falcon II pack

I didn't see your post until now, otherwise I would have probably went with the Falcon II. I ended up getting a Camelbak motherlode. It works just fine but is a little cramped; either that or I have too much crap....

Thanks for the info.