Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inside info on 3GN Rockcastle Internation pro/am 28th Oct 2013 !

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entry form and check in the mail this morning. Made the room reservation at the lodge last night! Beer in truck, plenty of time for that. See you guys soon.

Bruce

Hot Damn Bruce. Glad to see you'll be there!!

Question on ammo, rules say no steel jacketed ammo

Does Wolf , Brown Bear, Herters, Tula, etc fall into that category ?

From my understanding it is a BiMetal jacket, it IS magnetic.

SO FAR none of the matches I've shot had a problem with it, just wanted to be SURE before arriving here.

Our steel plates at home have , who knows how many rounds of this ammo with no damage.

SO FAR none of the matches I've shot had a problem with it, just wanted to be SURE before arriving here.

Our steel plates at home have , who knows how many rounds of this ammo with no damage.

Based on the matches I have shot at Rockcastle (this year)-if a magnet sticks (to the projectile)it is forbidden.

Dave

Based on the matches I have shot at Rockcastle (this year)-if a magnet sticks (to the projectile)it is forbidden.

Dave

Thanks, Looks like I will be shooting the high $ stuff.

Any stage descriptions? round count ?

Or is it posted somewhere obvious and I'm missing it? kinda like I do the targets :rolleyes:

(Sorry, posted info for the wrong match)

Edited by GunCat

Or is it posted somewhere obvious and I'm missing it? kinda like I do the targets :rolleyes:

Any round count available? And max target range?

I'd like to know this too. I'm eternally low on ammo.

Not to speak for the people running the match. But I generally take at least 300 rounds of ammo for each gun to a major. Tally up all the costs associated with 3-gun and putting an extra 100 rounds for each gun in your range bag is miniscule.

Same here; also can anyone share the schedule for each shooting day? Is it divided over 2 days or 3 days for actual competition? Thx.

Same here; also can anyone share the schedule for each shooting day? Is it divided over 2 days or 3 days for actual competition? Thx.

The match had been changed from a 3 day to a 2 day format. The main match will be Friday and Saturday November 1st and 2nd. The ROs will shoot on Thursday. We will have 10 stages including 4 3GN Classifier stages. If you are a 3GN member shooting the match will provide enough classifiers to receive a classification in Tac Optics, Open, Tac Iron, or Heavy Metal. Charles Sole, 3Gun Nation Regional and Club Series Director, will be present to oversee the Classifier stages.
There will be a brief shooters meeting Friday at 8:00 AM in front of the Lodge, We will shoot 6 stages on Friday and 4 on Saturday. The last shot fired should be early Saturday afternoon providing no weather delays or other unforeseen circumstances.

Due to my work schedule I need to have ammo boxed up and ready to ship Monday the 14th.... A round count would be greatly appreciated, usually have rifle and pistol covered, need to know about slugs and buck.....

There will be no slugs or buck. Figure ~100 rds for each gun. The totals will vary depending on which options you choose. Last minute registration willl be OK. Just let us know asap.

I'll be at Rockcastle next week to finalize the stages.