Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are MTAC turrets resettable to zero?

shuter

Mark, to be sure we're on the same page, do the turrets have screws you loosen, or just lift up, reset to zero and push down? What method (if any) do they use to reset to zero after zeroing the center dot at 100 yards, for instance?

Thanks

I have 4 MTACs and they all return to zero. I don't use them that way, so I can not tell you if that will last long term.

i had an MTAC 1x4 and i think i remember the instructions saying that they are and you have to use a thin screw driver on the inner turret (for lack of a better term) and then you set the outer turret. I was unable to accoplish this, but i think that is what the instructions said. please do not try unless you have the instructions.

I never understand why people post stuff on here when they don't know.

shuter, no, were not on the same page, but now we are. YES, they are resettable to zero! AND yes, if you shoot the box, they return to zero too (what I originally answered).

The 1-4 and 1.5-6 are hunter knobs and they can be removed by prying upwards in between the base and the actual knob. Reinstall in your preferred position. I don't use a screwdriver, I use two thin pieces of plastic, one on each side. It is pretty simple.

The 3.5-10, 4.5-14 and 6.5-20 have Target knobs. These have an allen screw in the side of the cap. Loosen, twist to preferred position, tighten.

Also, you can send a Burris scope with hunter knobs in to Burris and they will put target knob(s) on your scope. The cost is very reasonable. A few guys have put a target knob only on the elevation.

shuter, no, were not on the same page, but now we are. YES, they are resettable to zero! AND yes, if you shoot the box, they return to zero too (what I originally answered).

The 1-4 and 1.5-6 are hunter knobs and they can be removed by prying upwards in between the base and the actual knob. Reinstall in your preferred position. I don't use a screwdriver, I use two thin pieces of plastic, one on each side. It is pretty simple.

The 3.5-10, 4.5-14 and 6.5-20 have Target knobs. These have an allen screw in the side of the cap. Loosen, twist to preferred position, tighten.

Also, you can send a Burris scope with hunter knobs in to Burris and they will put target knob(s) on your scope. The cost is very reasonable. A few guys have put a target knob only on the elevation.

This is good info!

I'm about to purchase an MTAC, and I was concerned about not being able to reset to zero.

Also, the ability to have target turrets installed is nice!

Thanks.

I think you are still missing the point. CAN you reset them to Zero is different from is it a built-in feature of the scope. Yes, you can reset them. No, it is not a factory feature. See below (assuming it is a 1-4):

Technical information

Tube Diameter: 30mm

Adjustment Click Value: 1/4 MOA

Adjustment Type: Click

Exposed Turrets: No

Finger Adjustable Turrets: Yes

Turrets Resettable To Zero: No

Zero Stop: No

Turret Height: Low

Fast Focus Eyepiece: Yes

Lens Coating: Multi-coated lenses

Warranty: Lifetime factory warranty

Rings Included: No

Sunshade Included: No

Sunshade Length: N/A

Lens Covers Included: No

Power Variability: Variable

Min Power: 1x

Max Power: 4x

Reticle Construction: Glass etched

Reticle: Ballistic CQ

Illuminated Reticle: Yes

Battery Type: CR2032 3v

Holdover Reticle: Yes

Reticle Focal Plane Location: 2nd

Parallax Adjustment: No

Finish: Matte

Water/Fogproof: Yes

Shockproof: Yes

Airgun Rated: No

Objective Bell Diameter: 30mm

Ocular Bell Diameter: 43mm

Eye Relief: 3.1-3.8"

Max Internal Adjustment: N/A

Exit Pupil Diameter: 24mm-6mm

Weight: 17 oz

I did and still don't see it. I'm just going by what the factory says about their product...

My Swaro is resettable (by simply pulling up, turn, push down) and I use that feature often. I am sure this is what the OP is referring to.

Built in feature? Maybe not.

Easily accomplished by taking advantage of the fact that caps are just press fit onto the turret? Yes.

Ahh. I have an MTAC 1.5-6 that came with target turrets. But, everybody else's I've seen have the low-profile ones.

• 1 year later...

I'm sitting there for like 10 min trying pop the caps off to reset my 1-4x.

When in fact, the numbered ring moves independently of the adjustment knob.

Just stick something in the small slot and rotate the numbered ring only, back to zero.

For future searchers...

I'm sitting there for like 10 min trying pop the caps off to reset my 1-4x.

When in fact, the numbered ring moves independently of the adjustment knob.

Just stick something in the small slot and rotate the numbered ring only, back to zero.

For future searchers...

This^

I have one too, I just use the little tab on a AR front sight tool. It fits in the slot (I'm sure it was designed that way) and you rotate the numbered ring independent of the turret.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but with the retical on the mtac, why would you want to rezero the turrets? Isn't the point of the retical for bullet drop at distances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I set everything to zero after I have it set. I can then see of somehow it gets turned, when I go to a major and sight in, if they have a range, I can adjust as needed amd see how much. I have yet to change me zero with the same ammo. Nothing has shifted but i would rather just set everything to zero when I know it is my zero

The box test is not about returning to zero its about measuring tracking.

Pat