Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Costa Ludus M&P

ltdmstr

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting up the pics, that's what mine looked like as well. Not as severe, but bent down with the chipping on the top of it. I've shot probably 5,000 rounds through my M&P 45, not sure if you've ever loaded the 10 rounders on those, but that spring is tight, to the point that if you don't have a Lula Loader, 9 is the max. That mag catch still looks new.

Also, my favorite feature of these guns is the slap reloads, not so much an issue anymore that I shoot Limited and will almost never run dry, but in L10 and Production, running dry was pretty common with my ability to miss all steel in front of me, so slamming it home drops the slide because the top round hits the ejector and bumps the slide. I was at the range last week and a friend with a 2011 type of gun was trying to do slap reloads like that, his mag catch actually tore open the hole on the magazine itself. That's how strong these mag catch's should be!

I gotta tell you. Those are some very nice pictures! What did you shoot those with?

No joke... I'm continually amazed at the quality of photos and video taken with my iPhone 4S. It's just crazy stupid how far electronic have come. The only downfall to the iPhone photos and video is the lighting. I took those indoors in direct light from a window. I've learned how to work around that lighting shortcoming so pretty much all the photo come out good.

I'm getting a little annoyed with all the brand whoring going on with costa. Ya I get it you did we'll with magpul and had some great products but that doesn't mean we need to have every part we own to be "costa approved". He basically took several already in place concepts/gun ideas and used his name in conjunction with popular companies to put out special editions of products that they already have. Namely the costa rifle from larue and now the costa recon. Thanks for letting me know you like the same stuff as me and are famous enough to get a namesake version made. Just a little tirade, all done now.

Tell us how you really feel, lol.

Gotta love an honest man. I bet his wife doesn't appreciate the honesty when it comes to the old question of if her ass looks fat in these jeans...

Haha, yeah I flew off the handle a little. But when you've been waiting all month to get to a match to shoot your new toy (I work weekends) and the mag falls out on the first stage which is also the classifier... Then it happens to another guy in your squad with the same new shiny peice of plastic. It's unbelievable how angry it will make you.

I feel your pain! My gun was new as well when I was having the issues. It was also my first time loading .40 for any gun. So when I was having feeding malfunctions, I figured it was me. The malfunctions continued for a couple matches with me chasing my tail trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, because none of my M&P9's ever choke... Then last match I got a mag stuck. WTF, right? It had about 10 rounds in it, and I was reloading on the move but it did't fall free. Had to bobble my reload and rip the mag out. After that I decided to tear the whole gun down and see what was up. This is what I found...

8192811085_80208cfd1c_c.jpg

Untitled by FriedChickenBlowout, on Flickr

I've got another one in my 9L that seems to be fine. Not sure what's up with this one, and it was bent DOWN which I find weird as well. My only guess is it's because of the heavy mag springs, heavy weight of the mags being loaded with 20 rounds that just beat it down as the gun cycles. Clearly not a hardened part like it should be as the factory ones don't have issues. And I'm not gonna bash their customer service yet, as I've been too lazy to call them and only emailed, without any response from them at this point.

mine looks exactly the same, although my mags still drop free. Maybe the bend in mine isn't as severe?

Edited by Avedis

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on the garbage Costa is currently producing.

Interesting, my mag release I put in about 3 weeks ago, looks identical to the photos listed here. I tired bending mine back into place, and eventually just tossed it in the garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I emailed Costa this morning on the website with my invoice number and commented on the issue here, asking them not to send any replacement. By lunch they reversed the charge on my credit card. Customer Service was great. They have a good idea with the extended mag release, but poor materials and manufacturing execution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can't vouch for there products or workmanship because I have never bought from them.

Reason being I called twice and sent two e-mails over a period of two months and never heard from anyone.

They could have the greatest product in teh world but with that kind of customer service I will never buy from them.

Got mine pretty quick and they are holding up fine so far. Could be a bad batch. Btw, I was checking the events for SHOT Show and Costa is supposed to make a celebrity guest appearance (no kidding) at one of the booths. So maybe I'll try to catch him and see what he says about the crappy parts.

Sent an email about my defective magazine release. Here is the reply

"We are sorry to hear this did not meet your expectations.

Unfortunately we are out of stock, and do not have an estimated time for return.

If you'd like to send your piece back to me, once I receive it I will issue you a refund. Please include a copy of this email in the package as reference.

You may send to:

Costa Apparel Group

731 Duval Station Rd

Suite 107-323

Jacksonville, FL 32218"