Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FREEDOM GUNWORKS

ChrisG164

Everything I have seen and shot that Bobby made was a work of art. Never heard of any problems with any of the guns he has built. I have an open gun that he fit the old style STI metal grip to that has 15,000nrounds on it and it has not cracked. On the top of the list for my next build.

I got a private message saying the exact oppossite.. Hmm. I'll take all of your guys words for it, thanks for the info on the forum section though.

You most likely got that PM from somebody because it is against forum rules to openly bash anybody or any company. I have personally seen more than a few of Bobby's guns have issues but he has always made things right to my knowledge. He is a good builder but even the best can have a lemon every now and then. Nobody's perfect.

Bobby does good work. The trubor really isnt the "base" of the gun as the gun is built from the ground up on an sti frame not off a base gun. Like alot of the custom builders, the gun can be built the way you want it. He has done some work for me on my limited gun and I have seen some of his other guns and they are nicely done.

As eku stated his custom built guns are not base guns they are complete builds. You can buy an off the shelf gun and have him customize it but for his price point you are better off going custom built with him. His prices are very very reasonable and shockingly low. I love ALL the work bobby has done for me.

The referral he is making is that his style resembles the STI Trubor gun. He has so many options available in his build sheet. You can add the trubore barrel/comp system to it but the base parts are a threaded barrel and thread comp either way I think he builds a great gun and gives you many choices and goes through that parts list to ensure you are getting the best bang for you buck with you

Full disclosure: As my signature block says, and my avatar shows, I am a FGW shooter. What that means is I shoot his guns, wear his shirt, and paid for both of them, but he gives me deals on stuff. He does not pay me to talk good about him. The 6" limited gun I shoot from him is the most trouble free gun I have ever shot (2 yrs). I am not normally an Open shooter, but shoot it occasionally, and his Open guns are softer and flatter shooting than any other I have shot.

FGW has a LIFETIME warranty on all his custom guns. Hard to beat that.

Edited by Mark K

When in doubt pick up the phone. No intent can ever be truly discovered online. This is why I read often and post seldom and am not on facebook. It's best to talk to people one to one, man to man in my opinion.

There are always going to be people talking bad about every company out there. Bobby does quality work and stands behind his products. If you have any concerns about something said then I am sure Bobby would be able to give the other side of the story as well. Having seen work he has done on mine as well as several full builds, his guns run and look as good as any other custom builder out there.